PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awwww
Belichick knew Tommy was sad and needed a pat on the back. Tommy was sad because team took away his favorite toys and made him run into EZ against the big mean guys.

Belichick gives Tommy game ball, jokes with him, and then brings back his friend Ben. Tommy is happy now and smiling.

This is so sweet. I think my eyes are tearing up, yo.

PS Kraft asked BB if he thinks this will be enough to stop TB from talking about & posting his feelings online?

Yup, but the Sox were at one point as well. Curses end.
TRUE. Call me in 2056 (I'll be dead) when your curse may end then. :)

It wasn't like Sam was comfortable vs Dallas. The guy just knows how to shift around (or run around for his life back there).

There's no doubt Bill will get pressure on Sam. NE's D is legit, and the Jets oline kinda... sucks.

Question is if Sam can avoid the pressure. I'm actually really interested to see how he handles a great D n one of the best defensive schemers of all time.

On the other side of the ball, I'm guessing it'll be up to Tom to beat the Jets deep. Williams is gonna come after him and likely put an emphasis on covering short. Basically daring Tom to go deep.

Normally I'd be shi++ing a brick with Gordon out there. But it hasn't looked like Tom has wanted to use Gordon deep lately.
Dude, do you realize your giving away your Double Top Secret game plan? Traitor!

key to the game is the o line.

I am extremely hopeful the o line is not so dinged up and plays to their potential.

I am eagerly awaiting to see if Dorsett, Gordon and Edelman are off the injury report. The wide receiver health issue has become a huge issue.

I am also expect izzo to move into a te and/or fullback role while Watson tried to provide some in line blocking.

Scouting report. This time will be a bit different than my last one which you can see below.

I'll try to go into a little more detail on the Jest from what I understand about them. Some of this may be wrong.

QB - Siemian has a tiny bit of experience but didn't impress much in Denver. He likely won't impress much in this game.

OL - The unit last year wasn't good and this one doesn't look much better. Beachum, Snell and Winters return with 2 of them nursing injuries (Beachum and Winters). Ryan Kalil at center is certainly an upgrade but at 34 you have to wonder how much of one. Osemele signed a huge contract with the Raiders. They traded him this year to upgrade a 6th round pick to a 5th round pick. Clearly they felt he wasn't playing up to his contract or just didn't fit. However, if he was doing better i'm sure they could have gotten more value. This will be a very interesting unit to watch. For what it's worth PFF hasn't like Kalil much the last few years or Osemele much last year (before that they graded him as consistently good though. Maybe just a down year/injury?)

WR - Anderson is okay. Thomas might be good to go but will not be 100% up to speed yet in any case even if fully healthy. Crowder is a good #3 or very very bad #2. Not a scary core but they could have 3 or so competent NFL quality players. Not too shabby.

TE - Nothing here to be concerned about.

RB - Bell looks pretty good. That time off didn't hurt him. While he has had good games vs the Pats they haven't let him beat them IMO. That won't change behind an OL inferior to the Steelers. They have done well at stopping RBs from catching. Bell will be their hardest test by far this year. They also have good depth and options behind him. A deep position with a true headliner.

DL - Pretty damn good. Q. Williams had a nice first game but he is banged up right now. L. Williams assuming nothing happens tonight should be good to go. Anderson is very underrated. When all 3 are healthy they could be a big problem. Even with just 2 they should be very solid here.

EDGE - Without Mosley this unit is bad. Even with him the pressure they generate isn't impressive.

LB - Overall a subpar unit. Particularly if Mosley isn't healthy. I think he's overrated anyway.

CB - They had big issues here last year and they didn't do anything to improve it. They cut some guys who stunk but their starters are guys who were on the team last year still. Johnson is okay as a starter but massively overpaid. Roberts is meh. Poole is new but also meh.

S - Adams is a beast of a player. Nuff said. Marcus Maye was good last year and is off to another good start. I'm not sure how much is him benefiting from Adams or his own personal play.

QB - We simply have no idea what to expect from Sam Darnold I don't want to go too much by his rookie year to tell you what he is now. So far he's been okay in his only 2 games this year. One an elite Bills Defense in which he didn't totally pee down his leg and one vs the overrated Cowboys. I'm not expecting too much but I think he's not a scrub at least. Can make some nice throws when given time on occasion.

RB - Pretty much the Bell show. No on behind him has proven anything either as a runner or pass catching RB and is not worth mentioning here. Their run per clip average and YPG suck. In large part to due with an OL than can't run block. Speaking of which

WR - Looking pretty decent this time around. No one who is truly scary but having a healthy Thomas gives them 3 good WR options. Crowder, Anderson and Thomas are all legit NFL WRs. Add in what Bell can do and they have 4 good options to to catch passes which is enough. No one behind them is worth mentioning.

TE - Still nothing to really say. Griffen plays a lot of snaps but he is primarily a blocker and hasn't helped much. Moving right along.

OL - This unit is still an issue. Osemele still has yet to play any snaps for a while. Winters and Kalil have held down the interior spots. On the outside it is very much in flux. The new guy Edoga has been starting the past 2 games with with Beachum ad Shell splitting time. IDK if this was due to injury or design or what but it probably isn't a good thing. This unit is healthier than last time but they still suck. We should feast on it.

DL - The strength of the 3-4 defense on this team and it has come together. Quinnen Williams is still getting on track and will probably not be a huge force this game. Leonard Williams has been graded as having a bad year so far by PFF but I don't know how much I trust that TBH. He looked pretty good vs us last time. Henry Anderson is banged up right now who usually starts for them. IDK he is plays, if he does he will play hurt which definitely helps the Pats. Steve McLendon will be the same good player as last time. Kyle Phillips is a back up scrub who may see time. Folorunso Fatukasi has been a nice surprise as a solid rotational player. Bottom line. They have good depth and players but Anderson being hut will matter a bit.

Edge – Nothing much to say here. This unit is only okay. Jenkins is decent. Basham is meh.

LB – Hewitt has been playing a lot and I can't seem to figure out why. Mosley is still hurt which is big for this unit, even though I think he is overrated when healthy. Overall this unit sucks right now.

CB – Still the Roberts, Poole and Trumaine Johnson show. According to PFF Poole is having a very good year but IDK how much I trust that. Overall this unit stinks as a whole even if that where the case.

S – Nothing new. It's all about Maye and Adams here. Adams is good obviously. Maye has shown enough consistency this year to prove his last year wasn't just cause of Adams. I still question how good he would be without Adams, but he clearly a good player and better than I thought he was the first time around I did this.

After re-watching the Cowboys vs Jete, I agree with many on this Board that this will be a tough, low-scoring rock fight on the road.

The Jete are better than their record now that Darnold is back. That said, I expect our Defense to confuse and stifle even though their receivers are good. Bell and Crowder are currently their best skill players.

I believe that our OLine will be severely tested against the Jete front seven. Their sh*tbag DC is known for blitzing (and head-hunting :oops:), so protecting TB is paramount (as always!)

Bottom line: I expect this game to be competitive with a loud, boisterous crowd.

Good times!

Go Pats!

I hope Darnold is emboldened to throw deep a lot against the Patriots secondary.

Why does everyone seem so scared to play the Jets? They played an A+ game for them and beat an average team at home by two points.

Jets will be playing week 17 for the playoffs? Jesus, we have some knee jerk overreactions on this board. I’m guessing they also thought the Cowboys were Super Bowl locks after three weeks.

Bottom line: I expect this game to be competitive with a loud, boisterous crowd.

Good times!

Go Pats!

Regardless of the final score games against the Jete are always hard fought, what with them constituting the Jete version of Super Bowls and such. But athe end of the day it's still pretty much...

afce bulldogs.jpg

After re-watching the Cowboys vs Jete, I agree with many on this Board that this will be a tough, low-scoring rock fight on the road.

The Jete are better than their record now that Darnold is back. That said, I expect our Defense to confuse and stifle even though their receivers are good. Bell and Crowder are currently their best skill players.

I believe that our OLine will be severely tested against the Jete front seven. Their sh*tbag DC is known for blitzing (and head-hunting :oops:), so protecting TB is paramount (as always!)

Good times!

Go Pats!
I just had a moment of deja vu, felt like we had this same discussion recently.

The running game is obviously not where it was at the of last year but they are making steps into the right direction. Get to the BYE, get two first round talents on offense back and we will be fine.

The running game is obviously not where it was at the of last year but they are making steps into the right direction. Get to the BYE, get two first round talents on offense back and we will be fine.

I think James White is the offensive MVP so far. Mr. Dependable. He is taken for granted so badly...should be up there with the best catching rbs in the NFL. How much is Bell making?

I hope Darnold is emboldened to throw deep a lot against the Patriots secondary.

Why does everyone seem so scared to play the Jets? They played an A+ game for them and beat an average team at home by two points.

Jets will be playing week 17 for the playoffs? Jesus, we have some knee jerk overreactions on this board. I’m guessing they also thought the Cowboys were Super Bowl locks after three weeks.

I don't see them scoring more than 14 points. NE wins by 10-14 points.

This is going to be a competitive game. First of all its ALWAYS has been a competitive game in NJ as the post who showed the last 5 years of scores revealed. Secondly the Jets are a team who HAS decent talent. That's almost a no brainer given their draft position over the years. When you draft that high, good talent is an inevitable by product. I would guess that their overall talent rises to the level of just above average.

It's easy to explain their horrid start. They lost their 2 key players on each side of the ball and BOTH will likely be back for this game. So in my mind, this game will be a step up from what we've faced the last 3 weeks.

Darnald moved the ball well against what was supposed to be a good defense last week after missing 3 weeks of practice. He should be more in sync with his receivers this week. I've always loved Robbie Anderson, and Bell is still a top 5 RB in this league. The issue for them, like us, is how well the OL performs.

On defense, the strength of his team has been the front 7, and that will only get better with the return of Mosley.

Gordon won't play in this game. Dorsett will be questionable all week, so right now only Edelman, Meyers, and Gunner are sure things for this game at WR. Watson, Izzon and Tomlison at TE. I'd be surprised if Tomlison will be active, and Ben is hasn't played or practiced for the last 6 weeks. That leaves us pretty short handed at the skill positions for this game.

The key match up I'll be watching is Brady vs Adams. Adams reminds me a lot of Troy Palomalu. Very good, very aggressive, and at his best, a great playmaker. He's a perennial all pro or will be. He's that good. HOWEVER, over the years I always felt Brady got the better of Palomalu and manipulated him a few times every game for big plays on play action. He took advantage of that aggression. I'll be looking for that come Monday.

I'm not really worried about the Pats protecting Brady. They've been good at for most of this year, and I don't expect to see anything different this game. However the run blocking has pretty much broken down. Karras has been stout in pass protection but has been a huge drop off from Andrews in the run game according to Bedards break down.

The same can be said about the drop off in the run game from Gronk/Allen/Develin to Izzo/Lacosse/and no one. Now we go into this game with no FB, a 38 year old guy who hasn't practiced in 6 weeks and some guy who is coming off the street....and Izzo

So, barring ST's and defensive scores, this game is likely to be low scoring. 20 points is going to be a tough number to reach, again, barring turnovers and the like.

In the end I have confidence that OUR defense will be better than their's. Something like 20-10 being the offensive outcome, subject to whatever pick 6's, fumbles, and blocks do to change that constant.

You're misquoting me.

I said the winner of the Jets' week 17 game will make the playoffs- I meant the Bills. :D

I was just trolling that Jets guy who posts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST