PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG You'll never believe what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
A book!

A friggin' book with actual real paper pages and everything. I forgot how cool they were. Lots of info, no back button. Weird. No eye-strain either.

Yes, I know there are other sites on the 'net other than this one.... but it just all felt so cold and empty knowing there was no PatsFans to come back to, so I just turned it off. :D

NEM said:
What was it, "See Spot Run?"
Close!

The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage by Dr. Eric Braverman link

Pretty shocking... all this time I assumed I was GABA deficient, turns out I'm a classic Dopamine deficient. Very cool though, I understand better why the wife never responded to SSRIs to treat depression, she's the GABA deficient one, but her Serotonin is fine. Stupid friggin' doctors. ;)

Awesome book by the way.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Close!

The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage by Dr. Eric Braverman link

Pretty shocking... all this time I assumed I was GABA deficient, turns out I'm a classic Dopamine deficient. Very cool though, I understand better why the wife never responded to SSRIs to treat depression, she's the GABA deficient one, but her Serotonin is fine. Stupid friggin' doctors. ;)

Awesome book by the way.

Does the karma sutra count as a book?
If so I'm up to page 43:singing:

NEM said:
What was it, "See Spot Run?"

Old school !

Haven't we deconstructed reading?

If it went on much longer I was seriously contemplating the book thing...but either Halberstam or the new Charlie book.

Instead I just lurked around on Indy Star where they are both nervous and defensive and the Pats trolls are multiplying (probably because this place was gone). Oh, and I spent the morning reading the NEM Chronicles over on the Planet. :rolleyes:

So T-Shirt, have you communed with our fearless leader and is this thing really fixed or just bandaged?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
.... but it just all felt so cold and empty knowing there was no PatsFans to come back to, so I just turned it off. :D

Agreed....

A few months ago I decided I wasn't reading enough books, so I checked out some from the library. Just this week I got a notice that I was overdue and owed them $80. So much for that idea :)

I read Golding's Lord of the Flies over the past few days. It's amazing the things a book can teach us about the nature of human folies.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Close!

Awesome book by the way.

Egyptian blue lotus. dopamine agonist. healthherbs.com

Or try parachuting! :D

What's a "book"?????

T-ShirtDynasty said:
A book!

A friggin' book with actual real paper pages and everything. I forgot how cool they were. Lots of info, no back button. Weird. No eye-strain either.

Yes, I know there are other sites on the 'net other than this one.... but it just all felt so cold and empty knowing there was no PatsFans to come back to, so I just turned it off. :D

What's a book and what's paper? Can I download one to my hard drive? :confused:

Edit: beaten to it by shmessy.

gomezcat said:
What's a book and what's paper? Can I download one to my hard drive? :confused:

Edit: beaten to it by shmessy.

Sorry, Cat. It must take a few minutes longer for the post to arrive from overseas!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Close!

Awesome book by the way.

You still haven't read a book. Some phoney, pablum science from a guy whose "Ph.D" came from sending in three Corn Flakes boxtops. (He also got a magic decoder ring too, which is what he really wanted.)

Next thing you'll want to read is, how the USA is the only country in the world to have ther majority its children consumed by the mystery disease of "ADDS". Somehow it doesn't occur anywhere else in the world. Thankfully we can tranq them into docility with the super drug "Ritalin"...:singing:

It's bandaged for now with the final fix coming in the next few days. I'm moving the files and tables, but it's taking quite a while. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday everything will be moved and I'll put the DNS change through. The new forum will be a little nicer looking as well.

Ian

MoLewisrocks said:
If it went on much longer I was seriously contemplating the book thing...but either Halberstam or the new Charlie book.

Instead I just lurked around on Indy Star where they are both nervous and defensive and the Pats trolls are multiplying (probably because this place was gone). Oh, and I spent the morning reading the NEM Chronicles over on the Planet. :rolleyes:

So T-Shirt, have you communed with our fearless leader and is this thing really fixed or just bandaged?

I've been reading lately too. Right now I'm about through with Crichton's Five Patients non-fiction.

alamo said:
A few months ago I decided I wasn't reading enough books, so I checked out some from the library. Just this week I got a notice that I was overdue and owed them $80. So much for that idea :)
Hahaha, I think I've been banned from every library I've visited-those books never seem to want to go home.

Sunqueen212 said:
I read Golding's Lord of the Flies over the past few days. It's amazing the things a book can teach us about the nature of human folies.

MoLewisrocks said:
Oh, and I spent the morning reading the NEM Chronicles over on the Planet

Yeah, over at the Planet, they are playing with sharp sticks, and NEM is Piggy.

R

njpatsfan said:
Yeah, over at the Planet, they are playing with sharp sticks, and NEM is Piggy.

R

Classic! :)

Brownfan80 said:

I have dibs on the Conch.

Doudney,%20Conch%20Shell.jpg

AzPatsFan said:
You still haven't read a book. Some phoney, pablum science from a guy whose "Ph.D" came from sending in three Corn Flakes boxtops. (He also got a magic decoder ring too, which is what he really wanted.)
:D Brandeis University, New York University Medical School, Harvard Medical School plus years of work and research at the Princeton Brain Bio Center is a bit more than just three Corn Flakes box tops.

AzPatsFan said:
Next thing you'll want to read is, how the USA is the only country in the world to have ther majority its children consumed by the mystery disease of "ADDS". Somehow it doesn't occur anywhere else in the world. Thankfully we can tranq them into docility with the super drug "Ritalin"...:singing:
Bah, you must have this guy confused with someone else, have you read this book? This dude is all into the holistic thing and tries to use parmacuticals only in severe cases and only for short-term use after which he focuses on diet, lifestyle, and supplements to correct the neurotransmitter imbalances. Some of it comes across as fluffy-ish, and I had doubts when I started the book, but way too much of it makes sense with what I've seen with my wife's and mother's countless medical problems. We'll see for sure in about 6 months. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes