PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG No team is coming up big for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baltimore is a legit playoff team and could make some serious noise in the playoffs.

Hi guys.

I havent posted on the forum in a long time. Last night i fell asleep at 7-3 Dallas in Baltimore game( its 1am here for the start of the late game). Im from across the Pond in the United Kingdom.

I cant believe it, If the pats go 11-5 and dont make the playoffs, its like in the UK, the soccer league say 40 points is enough to not get relegated....

Similar I believe "10-6 , should be good enough" is often mentioned in NFL.

It would be like getting 50 points and still going down!!!

I think our best hope is seattle winning tonight, at home they are an OK team. They have Hasslebeck back, last year theyd be moneyline favs for this game...

Only problem is they have nothing to play for, except small bonus's and pride.

Last year Reading FC, my local soccer team went down and I guess the same rules as end of season for them apply for Pats, "You win your games and you hope for intervention".

Fingers crossed from Across the pond.

Ben

I would add Randy Moss' drop of a touch down in the last minute of the second quarter against the Steelers. I still believe if the Pats scored there, the outcome of that game and strategy would have been a lot different.

I agree there dude, unreal moment. The saddest thing of all, is Cassel deserves to make the playoffs more than even Joe Flaco etcc :mad:

I agree there dude, unreal moment. The saddest thing of all, is Cassel deserves to make the playoffs more than even Joe Flaco etcc :mad:

Flacco is unimportant, it's the Ravens running game that counts.
We don't have one, so without the 50 odd touchdowns thrown by Brady we were always going to come up short.
Cassel is not a great quarterback, he's an average one, so we score 20 or so
passing touchdowns this season instead of 50 odd.

We've done well to get to 10 and 6 or 11 and 5, roll on September, but please
either a 1500 yard RB or Brady.

We don't have one, so without the 50 odd touchdowns thrown by Brady we were always going to come up short.

Most seasons weve done enough to make the playoffs, Cassel is average, but hes had a good season , Our running game this year has been impressive So I dont get the critique.

Most seasons weve done enough to make the playoffs, Cassel is average, but hes had a good season , Our running game this year has been impressive So I dont get the critique.

Impressive maybe, efficient? doubtful.
If you look at the stats almost half of Sammy Morris's 554 yards come from just
2 games (Broncos and Seahawks), I mean that's great but it's not something
solid that you can count on to get you out of trouble on 3rd and long with a so-so quaterback is it;
As I see it 3rd down conversion is one of our biggest problems, I'd call it
sterile possession for want of a better expression.

The jets miami game is 8 pm.. The jets are eliminated.. no matter what, do they really go out and win a game for the pats.. NO WAY. They will fold.. They would rather see Miami get in than the pats..

It's a 1 PM game unless NBC picks it as a flex, which is what you're probably predicting.

This makes it vital in your scenario that the Ravens lose somehow in Week 17 so that the Jets would actually have something to play for other than pride (assuming they have any in the first place).

"We don't have one"- Im just saying I dont think you can say that about the 7th best running ranked team. Regardless of the inconsistancy. Even LT had shocking games last year for the Chargers.

Ben

is Defenition a clever made up word or do you mean definition?

Maybe it's a variant of one of my all-time favorite words, defenestration-the act of throwing someone out the window. Maybe he means someone was successful in throwing bb out the window?

I'm surprised JJ isn't throwing wp out the window, but I suppose while there's still a chance the 'boys get into the playoffs, he's not going to add to the soap opera that it is Dallas.

That's some big miracles for an old guy like Santa.

Yup, but it's going to require some serious divine intervention if the Pats expect to make it.

It would suck to think that this team could have technically been eliminated in Week 13 when all is said and done. I don't want to think that way, but time is running out.

For what its worth, prior to last night's game:

New England (14 games) 424 attempts, 1927 yards, 4.5 avg.
Baltimore (14 games) 522 attempts, 1984 yards, 3.8 avg.

We don't have one (running game), and Baltimore does?

It was hilarious in post game when jerry jones explaind X/O about the game saying they had some miscommunication and some calls were missed some blocking assignments were missed etc like he is the football coach :)

Did you catch Romo...
" we put ourselves in an early hole" or something like that....
Did I watch the same game?..They were up until the last play of the first half!!!! Ugh Tony those two wounded "Brett Favre chuck it up" duck ints may have had something to do with it. The Ravens won't get a bigger present under their XMas tree on thursday.
The Ravens OC Cam Cameron) may not have been cut out to be a head coach but what he's done with a rookie QB ( rookie head coach also) and reading the Dallas D last night (especially on the last two runs) is pretty laudable.

i just couldnt imagine the ravens with a small offense that they'd score over 30 on dallas

That's a lie...KC and Seattle hasn't failed us yet, we will know later on. Miami plays at 1:00 and the Jets play at 4:00.

You're confusing the lack of a "franchise back" with the absence of a running game. To wit:

1 Baltimore Ravens 2,249
2 Atlanta Falcons 2,082
2 New York Giants 2,082
4 Minnesota Vikings 2,067
5 Carolina Panthers 2,045
6 Tennessee Titans 1,999
7 New England Patriots 1,927

Jax does have an extra couple days rest on Baltimore, who suffered at least a couple injuries (Mason and an OL) last night. They're not as bad as their record indicates. I've seen stranger things happen...

if the jags can pull one out that'd be amazing. the ravens beat the cowboys and their riding pretty high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case