Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
DAN BAZUIN Central Michigan Defensive end
6-2 7/8 and 266

Will you play 3-4 outside linebacker?
"You know, that's an option for me. The two positions I'm suited for are outside linebacker in the 3-4 and defensive end in a 4-3.''

"I'm planning on doing the linebacker drills as well as the defensive line drills. Plenty of teams have come to me and have asked if I was willing - if I was able - to make that change to outside linebacker. There were quite a few (teams), Cleveland Browns, Dallas … really, quite a few.''
-----
Did you get recruited by a Big Ten school?
"Indiana and Penn State showed some interest but I never got a scholarship offer to a Big Ten school.''

Did that bother you?
"Not really. My ultimate goal was to make it to the NFL level and whether it be with Central Michigan or Michigan or a Big Ten school, it really didn't matter to me. I just wanted to be with a team that knew I could do it and would develop my skills. I knew I could do it at Central Michigan.''

When did it become apparent that it could happen?
"I'd like to say in my true freshman year. I hadn't even taken a snap yet but I was playing against the No. 1 offense at a brand new position. They had moved me to three technique because of some injuries at defensive tackle and I was lined up against our two-year all-conference offensive guard and I believe I had a sack on him on the first play and then I had a tackle for loss a couple of plays later. That's when I knew this was definitely a possibility.''
-----
Which would you prefer - OLB or end?
"I don't really have a preference. I see moving to outside linebacker as a challenge. I feel that I can do just as well at the outside linebacker position as I can at end.''

Have you seen how Mike Vrable has made the transition?
"Yeah, I could see myself doing that because a lot of teams are moving to a 3-4 defense. I could see myself doing that, yeah.''
-----
Is there anything that really worries about moving to OLB?
"No, I think I'm athletic enough and I'm going to work hard enough to overcome any obstacle there is. Yeah, I've been working (on pass drops), at the training facility I'm working at. We've been working on pass drops, swiveling hips and opening up at a 45 degree angle.''

"Daniel Bazuin dropped some weight (6'2 7/8", 266) to improve his speed and quickness in preparation for a transition to outside linebacker in the NFL. He played defensive end in college, but a number of teams (including Dallas and Cleveland) are talking to him about playing outside in the 3-4 scheme. According to him, he's got the motor, the relentlessness, and the hand speed to become the next Mike Vrabel. He hopes to run a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash and impress scouts with his versatility here at the Combine."

http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/621398.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference