PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OL Rule Change as it Affects our DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly share the view of one of the posters there:

“I enjoyed our brief flirtation with smaller, pass-rushing DTs.

The speed at which Belichick is willing to change direction and then go all-in when following through makes every season especially unique.“​

I think I said it before but this big changes from one year to the next is what makes it so great to follow. The personnel can stay virtually the same but the team that comes out can have a completely different look. Hence emphasis on versatility, intelligence, instinct.

No one knows what Patriots they are going to encounter + they seem to always be one step ahead.

That's so much more fun then just talent, athleticism, force ...

what jumped out at me was one of the posters on that site has my username. hope hes not an ahole. initial reaction is Pats are in sub 70%of snaps, so obviously nickel and dime are the REAL base defenses, and impact of rule chnge would be minimal. but that would be wrong, cause if BB is right(when isnt he?) and it makes it almost impossible to run on the Pats-then maybe teams abandon the run even more-making them even more predictable and easier to defend.

Mods if we could change the title to "OL rule change as it affects our DL"

I came on wondering what folks thought of the impact of the rule change. Valentine makes much more sense now.

I know the topic is the the impact on the DL, but I assume the impact is equal on the OL. Perhaps that is why the interior OL has had so much attention, although it does not seem we are going for the monsters there.

Stop with the pure football strategy posts already. I've forgotten how to read and enjoy them.

Thanks for pointing out the bad subject, I changed it as the OP can do that.

Yeah, regarding the OL I don't know. Thuney isn't strong (yet anyway) but is tall for a G/C. I could see them liking the leverage against what might be larger DT, but that's a total WAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back