PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh No.....A Late Pivot

timesync

Rookie
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with BB and boy things have pivoted. Now he says he wants all draft assets in rounds 1-3 to be devoted to defensive flexibility. He doesn’t care about Brady/Gronk/Tackles/The Future, he really only wants to get off the field on third down! He says we have the picks and he needs disruptive talents at 5 positions, no need to trade, so make it work.

1. Dline

2. Edge

3. Cover inside linebacker

4. Slot corner

5. 3rd safety

He wants me to go to Fanspeak use the Bleacher report ratings and submit my recommendations.

Maybe he should try ditching the bend-but-don't-break defense. That is, if he wants to get off the field in 3 downs. Which should be the new mode in the same way swing-early-at-hittable-pitches is the new mode for the Red Sox.

Maybe he should try ditching the bend-but-don't-break defense. That is, if he wants to get off the field in 3 downs. Which should be the new mode in the same way swing-early-at-hittable-pitches is the new mode for the Red Sox.

Can you tell me what this contributed to the draft forum?

Not my favorite, but could do a lot worse. I'm projecting Reid to slot defender:

23: R1P23
EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT
UTSA

31: R1P31
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

43: R2P11
S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD

63: R2P31
DL ANDREW BROWN
VIRGINIA

95: R3P31
S TERRELL EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

198: R6P24
WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

210: R6P36
LB LEON JACOBS
WISCONSIN

219: R7P1
DL JOHN FRANKLIN-MYERS
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Last edited:
Our pivot for defense has to start at de!

When we beat Atlanta, we had a de rotation that was four deep. Long, flowers, sheard and ninkovich. Lots of flexibility.

Last season, ninkovich retires, Long signs with philly, sheard with Indy and rivers misses the season. We play the year with a cast of thousands, lee, Harrison, marsh, wise, butler, guy, etc. Some show promise, most are JAG.

We need that 4 deep rotation again. Bb seems to prefer 6’4” or above, 260 pounds or above, decent speed and besides rushing the passer, must be able to play he run.

Ps: next is cornerback.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back