PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Rams beat the Pats

I don't get the talk trying to put Onwenu at guard. WHY ?? He's elite at multiple spots but RT is a much harder position to fill and more valuable. Herron can't start. The OLine had pass protection issues. Keep Onwenu at RT.

The best OL in the conference, if not the league, is now a "sieve"? I think it was the Sunday night game earlier this year where they flashed the OL across the board and they were all ranked top 10, a few top 3 or 5 at their position per PFF. So, you're wrong. Onwenu is playing at an All Pro level, so was Wynn, Thuney is Thuney, Andrews Andrews, Mason is Mason. Try to keep up.

When defenses play goal line D up and down the field and don't respect the pass, you seem to think this wouldn't affect the OL, which means you don't know the sport well.

Disgusting seeing fingers pointed at really good players because Newton sucks and BB had to make some kind of a move during a pandemic.
Dude, I was talking specifically about the Rams game, not the entire season. I think the OL is pretty good and has performed reasonably well over the course of the season. I’ve posted this many times.

Did you watch the game? Did you review the all 22? Eluemenor was terrible. So was Herron. Thuney and Mason didn’t play as well as they usually play. Only Andrews played near his level of ability. I used the word sieve because the Rams DL was able to penetrate so often and when they didn’t they cleaned for the LBs to make plays. They easily won the battle against the Pats OL.

I don’t know the sport well? I‘ve done more than play Madden. But I don’t pretend to be a football expert. I just try to be as knowledgeable a fan as I can be. It’s just a hobby.

What exactly are your football credentials? Because compared to scores of other people here . . . I’m not seeing it.

Dude, I was talking specifically about the Rams game, not the entire season. I think the OL is pretty good and has performed reasonably well over the course of the season. I’ve posted this many times.

Did you watch the game? Did you review the all 22? Eluemenor was terrible. So was Herron. Thuney and Mason didn’t play as well as they usually play. Only Andrews played near his level of ability. I used the word sieve because the Rams DL was able to penetrate so often and when they didn’t they cleaned for the LBs to make plays. They easily won the battle against the Pats OL.

I don’t know the sport well? I‘ve done more than play Madden. But I don’t pretend to be a football expert. I just try to be as knowledgeable a fan as I can be. It’s just a hobby.

What exactly are your football credentials? Because compared to scores of other people here . . . I’m not seeing it.

Yes Eleamomor and Herron at tackles was very bad. Why are we diminishing Onwenu at guard. The kid is elite and RT is much harder to fill.

The best OL in the conference, if not the league, is now a "sieve"? I think it was the Sunday night game earlier this year where they flashed the OL across the board and they were all ranked top 10, a few top 3 or 5 at their position per PFF. So, you're wrong. Onwenu is playing at an All Pro level, so was Wynn, Thuney is Thuney, Andrews Andrews, Mason is Mason. Try to keep up.

When defenses play goal line D up and down the field and don't respect the pass, you seem to think this wouldn't affect the OL, which means you don't know the sport well.

Disgusting seeing fingers pointed at really good players because Newton sucks and BB had to make some kind of a move during a pandemic.
The OL was indeed a sieve last week.

Yes Eleamomor and Herron at tackles was very bad. Why are we diminishing Onwenu at guard. The kid is elite and RT is much harder to fill.

You're right. I like Onwenu and am surprised at his athletic ability. He makes mistakes, but I think they're mostly rookie mistakes. He's only 23 and needs to get stronger. I think he might be best at RT. But he should be good enough to play all 4 positions.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back