PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. At this point in time we don't have a WR1 or 2. Most teams have two quality receivers, we have a bunch of complimentary pieces. Along with no difference maker at TE and no QB. We are the Carolina Panthers at this point. Bringing in a top rookie QB with little hope of success year 1.

It's been an eye opening free agency for the new regime. They need to absolutely nail the draft. Tough place to be - pick the right QB at 3 and find impact WRs.
Sucks that the season starts tomorrow!

The Pats offered Ridley $22 million a year? That is insane.

This makes Tee Higgins $21 million franchise tag a downright bargain for the Bengals. That said, they may be more likely to want to move him because Chase may be commanding close to $30 million a year and Burrow could get close to $50 million a year based on this year's spending.
Bengals will work hard to re-sign him I’m sure

Curtis Samuel time.

I’m actually partially bothered by the patriots offering $22m per, maybe fewer seaman’s and less guaranteed?

Pats may come to regret their "weaponizing the offence" mantra. At the current rate of progress we may well start regretting letting Parker go.

The only way to find long term success is by drafting well. But you also need to fill some needs in free agency so you aren't left drafting desperately for need come April. That's where we are. Rookies need time and ideally some good veteran help to bring them along. The reality is this team is going to be no better coming out of free agency as it was ending the season. That is really disappointing.

The Patriots seem to have contingency plans for when something doesn’t work out. Wilson and Brown moved on and the Pats filled their replacements pretty quickly. Looking forward to seeing what’s next!!

Why we gave up on him so soon, who knows.

Pats have become the red headed step child of the NFL. The one guy in the class without a prom date. Remember when we thought Bill would set the franchise up for success on his way out?

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF
Well they have no QB, lousy weather, and really no offense to speak of other than Stevenson. So yeah its easy to see why an offensive player would not want to come here unless it was absolutely necessary.

Pats may come to regret their "weaponizing the offence" mantra. At the current rate of progress we may well start regretting letting Parker go.
The previous regime might have been onto something by fighting the microphones

Bengals will work hard to re-sign him I’m sure

I don't know if they can. I think the best they can hope for is to keep him on the franchise tag and try to win a Super Bowl this upcoming season before he leaves in free agency next year. Higgins is going to get $25 million a year on the open market and he knows it.

I’m actually partially bothered by the patriots offering $22m per, maybe fewer seaman’s and less guaranteed?
Yea, the 50M guarantee must've been the difference. That's a boat load of money for a guy an inch from the nut house.

Any interest? Should be cheap and in this offense, the clear #1.

No way I would’ve paid that for Ridley. I like Ridley but I was maxing out at $20M AAV and with some clauses that protected the team if he went astray. I have a strong feeling that Ran Carthon did not do that.

Vrabel is probably at home laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back