PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW: Breer is saying the Pats offered 22m per.

Can't even believe they offered 22M. Mike Evans got about that.

Wasting 23m a year on a #2 is absolutely insane.

Who was it that said 13-15m was way TF off!!
I’m thinking that 15 mil may have been our offer.

We misjudged it, thank god.

Edit: Breer says we were at 22. Which is still insane cash for this guy.

Now we are going to have to Draft our own.
And trade for one. You can't go into the season with Pop or Bourne as your WR1 and expect anyone throwing the ball to succeed.

WR1 - Demario Douglas - Promising player. He was above average in separation & was top 5 in the NFL in YAC. Not close to a #1 WR but may develop into a WR2
WR2 - Kendrick Bourne - WR entering 8th year with career high 800 receiving yards in a season & coming off a torn ACL
WR3 - JuJu Smith-Schuster - hasn't been able to separate in years. He's on the team because of his contract

Even adding a WR at 34th overall won't make this a situation you want to put a rookie QB into

Exactly. At this point in time we don't have a WR1 or 2. Most teams have two quality receivers, we have a bunch of complimentary pieces. Along with no difference maker at TE and no QB. We are the Carolina Panthers at this point. Bringing in a top rookie QB with little hope of success year 1.

It's been an eye opening free agency for the new regime. They need to absolutely nail the draft. Tough place to be - pick the right QB at 3 and find impact WRs.

So much for weaponising the offense and burning some cash. If we trade for Aiyuk or Higgins we are giving up an even bigger contract than the one Ridley got plus giving up a high pick. I'd rather have Ridley +34 than Aiyuk or Higgins by a mile.

It's the same old story sadly. Interest, being in the mix but ultimately not being able to pull off a deal.

Edit: Seems like we were offering $22m a year according to Breer. May as well just pony up the rest at that point.
Agree Higgins >Ridley

I was pissed that the Titans outbid the Patriots for DeAndre Hopkins last year and felt the Pats should have matched or beat the Titans' offer. I am fine that the Pats didn't outbid the Titans for Ridley. Ridley ain't worth what the Titans gave him.
I was pissed we missed on Levis.

FWIW: Breer is saying the Pats offered 22m per.

Ugh Tits are going to regret this move…maybe not that much this coming year but next and onward….He ain’t all that!!!

I'm just afraid that Ridley was their guy.

And now they'll shrug their shoulders, draft a twig in the mid rounds, and sign Josh Reynolds in FA.

The Pats offered Ridley $22 million a year? That is insane.

This makes Tee Higgins $21 million franchise tag a downright bargain for the Bengals. That said, they may be more likely to want to move him because Chase may be commanding close to $30 million a year and Burrow could get close to $50 million a year based on this year's spending.

Pats have become the red headed step child of the NFL. The one guy in the class without a prom date. Remember when we thought Bill would set the franchise up for success on his way out?

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe