PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @PatsFan2 is about to hyperventilate. Calm down. It's only early yet.
Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

Maybe if the Pats had $200 ($500?) million in cap space they would make an impactful addition in FA. Then again, top talent is expensive.
Not so sure they haven't TRIED to spend money. I think no one wants to play here post Tom Brady/BB era.

We had most cap space in league. We cut players to free up more space. Every indication points to us trying (and failing) to acquire some talent on offense.

Problem is we have a new coaching staff and a big fat question mark at QB. What receiver wants to catch balls from "we have to figure that out still". For Ridley its Trevor Lawrence vs. a team that just cut Trevor Lawrences back-up...

As quiet as it’s been some big news in the form of Ridley or Higgins has to be in the cards.

Any interest in our former draft day binky, Hunter Renfrow? Cut by the Ray-dahs

I still think he could fit in here.

Justin Ramos (NEPInsider) on Twitter says Ridley to Pats 3 years, 45 million?

His history is bad so I'm thinking not true
If true, you could have had DeAndre Hopkins a year ago for 2m less per year.

Bedard is kicking Felger's ass right now ... Mazz is quiet ... their ******** for ratings is not working.

Ridley to the Patriots after not wanting to learn a new offense not under Bills watch.

The Mike Williams release offers a ray of hope.
He's 29. Consistently productive - 4000 yards in the four seasons 2019-2022, on page for 1200 in 2023 before an ACL tear. Tore it in Sep, so time to heal.
I would pivot hard to Williams.
On paper, would be the best receiver here since Edelman.

The Mike Williams release offers a ray of hope.
He's 29. Consistently productive - 4000 yards in the four seasons 2019-2022, on page for 1200 in 2023 before an ACL tear. Tore it in Sep, so time to heal.
I would pivot hard to Williams.
On paper, would be the best receiver here since Edelman.
We could have both then Draft QB and LT with our First Two picks we wouldn't need a WR now.

Pats need 2 starting wide receivers, a starting left tackle and a QB. Thats a lot. Even if Ridley somehow comes here they need more.

Pats need 2 starting wide receivers, a starting left tackle and a QB. Thats a lot. Even if Ridley somehow comes here they need more.
Which the Wolf will get Whooo Whoooo.
Planet Earth No GIF by BBC America

Ridley, Willams, Bourne, Pop, I heard someone bring up Peoples Jones, that be solid,
I would also call on Higgins and Aiyuk.

Ridley, Willams, Bourne, Pop, I heard someone bring up Peoples Jones, that be solid,
I would also call on Higgins and Aiyuk.
Williams is meh but would be the number 1 on last years team. Ridley kind of locks in as a true #2-#2.5. They ultimately need a #1. Higgins or Aiyuk could be that guy.

Justin Ramos (NEPInsider) on Twitter says Ridley to Pats 3 years, 45 million?

His history is bad so I'm thinking not true
LOL. This has to be a joke, right? J. Ram was exposed as a fraud long ago.

His only source appears to have been a friend who would sometimes drive players from the airport to Foxboro. He was the guy who was sure that OBJ signing with Pats in 2021.

Tr
LOL. This has to be a joke, right? J. Ram was exposed as a fraud long ago.

His only source appears to have been a friend who would sometimes drive players from the airport to Foxboro. He was the guy who was sure that OBJ signing with Pats in 2021.
figures

Williams is meh but would be the number 1 on last years team. Ridley kind of locks in as a true #2-#2.5. They ultimately need a #1. Higgins or Aiyuk could be that guy.
Peak Calvin Ridley has been better than peak Tee Higgins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back