PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Participation in yesterday's game per Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

TE Daniel Graham -- 54 of 61 snaps (88.5 percent)
WR Reche Caldwell -- 41 of 61 (67.2 percent)
RB Corey Dillon -- 34 of 61 (55.7 percent)
TE David Thomas -- 34 of 61 (55.7 percent)
WR Troy Brown -- 33 of 61 (54 percent)
WR Kelvin Kight -- 27 of 61 (44.2 percent)
FB Heath Evans -- 23 of 61 (37.7 percent)
RB Kevin Faulk -- 21 of 61 (34.4 percent)
WR Chad Jackson -- 19 of 61 (31.1 percent)
WR Jabar Gaffney -- 18 of 61 (29.5 percent)

He lists Kight as the surprise - I'm guessing we'll see Gaffney and or Jackson take some snaps away from him - now that CJ is healthy and will be practicing. Also, before this turns into another "CJ's a bust!" thread, let me just point out that by my unofficial count, I'm thinking about 15 of the 19 plays he was in on were running plays, and 2 of the 4 passing plays were screens.

What is a surprise to me is how Faulk was only on the field 1/3rd of the snaps. The guy was a one man offense yesterday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

TE Daniel Graham -- 54 of 61 snaps (88.5 percent)
WR Reche Caldwell -- 41 of 61 (67.2 percent)
RB Corey Dillon -- 34 of 61 (55.7 percent)
TE David Thomas -- 34 of 61 (55.7 percent)
WR Troy Brown -- 33 of 61 (54 percent)
WR Kelvin Kight -- 27 of 61 (44.2 percent)
FB Heath Evans -- 23 of 61 (37.7 percent)
RB Kevin Faulk -- 21 of 61 (34.4 percent)
WR Chad Jackson -- 19 of 61 (31.1 percent)
WR Jabar Gaffney -- 18 of 61 (29.5 percent)

He lists Kight as the surprise - I'm guessing we'll see Gaffney and or Jackson take some snaps away from him - now that CJ is healthy and will be practicing. Also, before this turns into another "CJ's a bust!" thread, let me just point out that by my unofficial count, I'm thinking about 15 of the 19 plays he was in on were running plays, and 2 of the 4 passing plays were screens.

What is a surprise to me is how Faulk was only on the field 1/3rd of the snaps. The guy was a one man offense yesterday.

Great thread,Thanks Bradymanny.I think it's awesome that Reiss does this.I dont even know who this "Kight" fella is.Do we know much about him?

Also, before this turns into another "CJ's a bust!" thread, let me just point out that by my unofficial count, I'm thinking about 15 of the 19 plays he was in on were running plays, and 2 of the 4 passing plays were screens.

Obviously it was a screen happy day... in part because that's all the field position often required, and in part because the Texans are so bad against the screen.

So it was a given that most of the plays were going to be short. I'm just still a little surprised that they'd not drop a few long bombs in once they built a 20 point lead to give Jackson some confidence and/or show opposing DCs that they do possess a deep threat.

But obviously they didn't need to take those chances or want to.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=8&c=1&nid=2684963

This is everything I know about Kight, I'm sure others can give some insight: signed off the practice squad before the Miami game - can play ST, made a nice tackle on ST yesterday.

He's got some nice size.Came over from the Packers.Not much on him,Thanks for the link.Who knows what he shall bring to the table.I remember we had that Bam Childress fella in TC that was red hot and hasnt been seen in but 1 or 2 games this season. ::Shrugs::

I'm just still a little surprised that they'd not drop a few long bombs in once they built a 20 point lead to give Jackson some confidence and/or show opposing DCs that they do possess a deep threat.

How could the Pats show the opposing team that they do possess a deep threat, when they obviously don't have a deep threat...or much else in the way of an effective passing game.

Did you not see the shot Brady took downfield on the first series? Hit Gabney in the effin' hands and he dropped it.

If the Pats play a defense that is too inept to stop the run and the screens, they can jump out to a lead and hide their lack of a passing game. But, that doesn't work against good defenses as we have seen. Don't let Houston's self-destruction fool you. The Pats passing offense looked as ineffective as ever yesterday.

Reche's deep catch in the Packers game was a crossing pattern, wasn't it? I'm sure they are running them, but it's hard to tell unless the pass is thrown at that man. At least on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore