PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham to the Patriots: Yay or Nay?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the Patriots to sign/acquire Odell Beckham Jr?

• Yes, sign the beast!

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • No, save our pennies!

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see it happening ...
Also ... I question his dedication to be the bast he can be ...
Too much time spouting bullsh!t ...
I think the better question is would he fit into this clubhouse ...
Will he be dedicated to be a veteran presence ... I doubt it ... another Antonio Brown diva IMHO.

O'Dell been injured a lot lately.

Adam Devine Reaction GIF

What is the collection of FA WRs that the patriots have signed that were washed up and pats their prime
Mohamed Sanu
Antonio Brown
Kenny Britt
Michael Floyd
Chad Johnson
Austin Collie
Joey Galloway
Torry Holt
Reggie Wayne
Demaryius Thomas
Eric Decker

Probably missing a few. And I want no semantic arguments about "Well ackshyually that was a trade" about any of em

Antonio Brown was good. Probably still good. Let's get him back.

Incentive-laden deal only.

No one on the forum should be dissing any potential offensive talent joining the team. We need all the help we can get.
I agree the typical low risk($$) high reward philosophy that BB is known for..

I don't see it happening ...
Also ... I question his dedication to be the bast he can be ...
Too much time spouting bullsh!t ...
I think the better question is would he fit into this clubhouse ...
Will he be dedicated to be a veteran presence ... I doubt it ... another Antonio Brown diva IMHO.

My understanding is that he's not this at all. That's one reason BB enjoys chatting with him. He's actually got a football brain and is helpful to other players in the locker room.

But we are all just working with 4th hand information, so who knows?

I'm going to go off the NESN article where Judon is reportedly actively recruiting Beckham to the Patriots over twitter.

It sounds like Beckham isn't asking for 20m per year but wants more than 4m.

We do know that Patriots scouts DID attend Beckham's recent workout so there must be 'some' amount of interest in his services.

So if Judon's wish is being considered and you are the Patriots GM do you agree with him or do you PASS on Odell Beckham to the Patriots?

nay....
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

He can fly in on his dime.

You can land hot air balloons in Foxboro too. Shoot, just land that baby on the 50 yard line.

Draft a Bust or sign some FA close to Bust age.

Tough choice.

For a low price tag then of course. But I voted no because that seems so unlikely.

Even at low money he seems more trouble than he is worth. The last incident on the plane was the final straw for me.

Even at low money he seems more trouble than he is worth. The last incident on the plane was the final straw for me.
The video that I saw of the plane thing made it seem not his fault at all. Seemed like he got on the plane, went to his seat then fell asleep. Then some old people complained about about a person who didn't look wealthy sleeping in first class. When the cops came they said he was fine.

What bothered you about the plane?

The video that I saw of the plane thing made it seem not his fault at all. Seemed like he got on the plane, went to his seat then fell asleep. Then some old people complained about about a person who didn't look wealthy sleeping in first class. When the cops came they said he was fine.

What bothered you about the plane?

This version is quite different than my understanding. The widely reported scenario was that I didn't wake up when the flight staff tried to wake him up and then refused to buckle his seatbelt. He then proceeded to refuse to get off the flight until marshals forced him off. Assuming your version is how the situation started, he did not handle himself very well and created another scene. At a minimum he is high maintenance.

Yeah, in December in Foxboro it's too cold to take off your shirt and make a dramatic exit from the field.

This version is quite different than my understanding. The widely reported scenario was that I didn't wake up when the flight staff tried to wake him up and then refused to buckle his seatbelt. He then proceeded to refuse to get off the flight until marshals forced him off. Assuming your version is how the situation started, he did not handle himself very well and created another scene. At a minimum he is high maintenance.
That's fair. I think our two versions together paints an accurate story.

He's absolutely high maintenance (probably more off the field than on I heard that the Rams all referred to him as an excellent teammate), but almost all the good skill position players are.

I also don't think he's a true number one anymore, but a number two with number one upside. On an incentive laden contract I think he's a good gamble. Obviously prefer Hopkins and Jeudy more even considering those would cost draft capitol as well.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back