PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ comments on Brady's outburst...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, you’d have to be completely biased not to agree with OBJ

Brady gets a pass on this where 95% of the league wouldn’t...
He's not "getting a pass", almost every hotsportztakez national show was debating whether or not he "gets a pass"...and the morons I watched were about 50/50, so no, he's not "getting a pass"...

He's not "getting a pass", almost every hotsportztakez national show was debating whether or not he "gets a pass"...and the morons I watched were about 50/50, so no, he's not "getting a pass"...

Yeah I guess that’s a fair point.

But I think OBJs point is, you’re not actually offended or bothered by it, you are just talking about It to compare it to someone who does it That you are offended by it

Whether Brady or Beckham or whatever ultra-talented juiced up multimillionaire manchild is "passionate" or "throwing a hissy fit" is pretty much entirely dependent upon the observer's brand loyalty. In fact both are true and it doesn't really matter and, hey, Beckham called Brady the GOAT so my brand loyalty is assuaged.

Whether Brady or Beckham or whatever ultra-talented juiced up multimillionaire manchild is "passionate" or "throwing a hissy fit" is pretty much entirely dependent upon the observer's brand loyalty.

i must be getting old....can someone translate what OBJ even said?

He was just saying the both he and Brady have the same passion for the game although they may not express it in the same manner.

Brady wasnt like this his first 3-4 yrs in the league with charlie weiss etc. He has earned the statesman status. Not that he should have screaming matches on the sideline but OBJ cant compare himself and Brady considerign where they are in their careers.

(Meanwhile, after the Brady sideline outburst...)

Brady: (blocking ear holes, awaiting call from Josh)

Josh, over helmet radio: "Fuuuuuu#### yooooooooouuuuu."

Brady: (rolls eyes, calls and runs a play, awaits call for 2nd down)

Josh: "Suuuuuuuuckkk myyyyyyy..."

Brady: (looks at sideline, mouths "sorry" to Josh)

Josh: (smiles in satisfaction, resumes play calling)

Regards,
Chris

1. Brady yelling at McD is not a great look, in the same way that Rodgers looking over at the Packers sideline earlier in the season and saying "dumb f*cking call" was not a great look. It also arguably makes McD look weak, which isn't right, and might be why Brady pained to say what a great coordinator McD was this morning on WEEI.

2. On the other hand, Phil Simms clashed with Parcells. Starr once told Lombardi to never reprimand him again. Warren Moon described the '93 Oilers as leaderless. All these guys are rightfully celebrated. As Parcells once said, it's not a game for the well-adjusted.

3. Brady yelling at McD is not equivalent to OBJ's myriad antics over the years, if only because no one would question Brady's commitment to the team. Can you really say the same about OBJ? Isn't there a difference between over-the-top competitive behavior--even when it's arguably not right--and just being a douche bag?

4. To say it's perspective is inadequate. YES, there are cases of this in sports and life, definitely. But there's objective differences too. For instance, Jason Peters more or less deliberately sat out in the final games of Chip Kelly's tenure in Philly because he refused to play for him. Michael Strahan famously clashed with Coughlin early on when the Colonel went to the Giants. No one, or at least, no one sane thought either of these guys were 'punks' or whatever lame euphemism is often used to describe black athletes people don't like. Instead, they were respected vets who had legit beefs with their coaches, and it was up to their coaches to fix it (or get fired).

5. Hard to say there's a double standard for Brady getting a pass, when everyone is *****ing about Brady getting a pass.

tl;dr: Brady's tantrum isn't an example of a double standard. But he kinda did totally **** up that play too.

ObJ has won nothing. And he cares...... about himself. Not the team.

What's wrong with being competitive? I see no problem with what Brady did??????? Blame the cameras for recording it and making it a scene right???

All right, I'll defer to the expert on manchildren and take it back.

Instead of being a dumbass, which seems to have become your default setting lately, try just thinking back to the Brady/O'Brien incident. People here had no problem calling Brady out for that.

1. Brady yelling at McD is not a great look, in the same way that Rodgers looking over at the Packers sideline earlier in the season and saying "dumb f*cking call" was not a great look. It also arguably makes McD look weak, which isn't right, and might be why Brady pained to say what a great coordinator McD was this morning on WEEI.

2. On the other hand, Phil Simms clashed with Parcells. Starr once told Lombardi to never reprimand him again. Warren Moon described the '93 Oilers as leaderless. All these guys are rightfully celebrated. As Parcells once said, it's not a game for the well-adjusted.

3. Brady yelling at McD is not equivalent to OBJ's myriad antics over the years, if only because no one would question Brady's commitment to the team. Can you really say the same about OBJ? Isn't there a difference between over-the-top competitive behavior--even when it's arguably not right--and just being a douche bag?

4. To say it's perspective is inadequate. YES, there are cases of this in sports and life, definitely. But there's objective differences too. For instance, Jason Peters more or less deliberately sat out in the final games of Chip Kelly's tenure in Philly because he refused to play for him. Michael Strahan famously clashed with Coughlin early on when the Colonel went to the Giants. No one, or at least, no one sane thought either of these guys were 'punks' or whatever lame euphemism is often used to describe black athletes people don't like. Instead, they were respected vets who had legit beefs with their coaches, and it was up to their coaches to fix it (or get fired).

5. Hard to say there's a double standard for Brady getting a pass, when everyone is *****ing about Brady getting a pass.

tl;dr: Brady's tantrum isn't an example of a double standard. But he kinda did totally **** up that play too.
Who gives a F....?
Seriously, I don't know what is getting more PC, woosified, the league, or this site.
For Christ sakes "fellas", grow a pair.

Jeez, go watch "The house wives of ****ville", or something.
It's getting lame.

We are debating the most emotionally dedicated QB in history????

Go back to your lame ass, Insurance salesman job, or whatever. Damn.

BRADY GOT PISSED. YELLED AT HIS OC. .. THEY MOVED ON, LIKE MEN.

Can we, please??? Enuff

Who gives a F....?
Seriously, I don't know what is getting more PC, woosified, the league, or this site.
For Christ sakes "fellas", grow a pair.

Jeez, go watch "The house wives of ****ville", or something.
It's getting lame.

We are debating the most emotionally dedicated QB in history????

Go back to your lame ass, Insurance salesman job, or whatever. Damn.

BRADY GOT PISSED. YELLED AT HIS OC. .. THEY MOVED ON, LIKE MEN.

Can we, please??? Enuff

1*ju4kfgyIgap1LBibbPM3tA.gif

Context matters. This is two men getting angry with each other. Two men with a working relationship that has defined part of the greatest dynasty of all time. Two men who clearly are very close.

Nothing at all like a star player losing his **** publicly on a coach with whom he has bad blood and is trying to undermine. And that is the source of a lot of these sideline things we see like AP in NO.

Brady was immature in the heat of the moment, it's fine he isn't perfect, but if someone called out Josh publicly Brady would be the first to defend him and it wouldn't just be for show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3