PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Kansas City Patriots working out former New England Patriots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From FOX:

The Kansas City Chiefs worked out four players over the weekend, a source confirmed.

Three of them, WRs Kelley Washington and Sam Aiken and LB Pierre Woods, played for the New England Patriots, the team general manager Scott Pioli worked for prior to coming to Kansas City.

Short article here:

Chiefs work out four players - Yardbarker

I can see it now . . .

June 1, 2012

KANSAS CITY (AP) - In a stunning move sure to surprise many, the Kansas City Chiefs announced today that they are renaming themselves the Kansas City Patriots. . . .

I can see it now . . .

June 1, 2012

KANSAS CITY (AP) - In a stunning move sure to surprise many, the Kansas City Chiefs announced today that they are renaming themselves the Kansas City Patriots. . . .

It's a stealth realignment.

New England is slowing moving it's players to Denver and KC, while the Raiders and Dolphins are moving their players to New England. :D

New England is slowing moving it's players to Denver and KC, while the Raiders and Dolphins are moving their players to New England. :D

If that is the case, then I want McClain from the Raiders and Long from Miami real bad.

Sounds like KC needs ST help. Woods should help KC out a ton on ST, but he will never be a base defense player.

If that is the case, then I want McClain from the Raiders and Long from Miami real bad.

Sounds like KC needs ST help. Woods should help KC out a ton on ST, but he will never be a base defense player.

Or they're just building their ST shadow roster. Either way, your points are good.

Does that mean we will get Al Davis! :eek:

If slater's injury is serious I would not mind seeing Washington come back.

In other news Pioli giving maximum attention to the last player and the shadow roster ... this is a strength of his.

Last edited:
I don't blame the Chiefs for doing what they are doing. They are trying to emulate a proven system for success. Right now they've had some success with it. Whether or not that transpires to long term success who knows.

It's a mark of respect to what BB has achieved with the Patriots and why the Pats continue to be the gold standard in sporting organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST