PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not a Peyton Hater but…

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Not a Peyton Hater but…

Why in the name of all that is holy is he in the game – never mind still throwing the ball – in a blow out win?

Beating the Texans 30-3 going into the 4th he is still throwing.
Just over 5 minutes to go in the game, up 37-17 Manning is still in the game. WHY???

Here are his 4th Quarter stats:
3-4 for 82 yards and 1 sack.

Why, Why, Why.

I never want a player to get hurt but I so want Manning to get a high ankle sprain in one of these late game blow outs and have him miss 4-6 games. Maybe, just Maybe Dungy would like to get back up QB Sorgi some game reps. Call me silly.

Re: Not a Peyton Hater but…

That's why I am a Peyton hater....

True ... we don't get many chances.
But BB doesn't take TB out either - until kneel-down time.

As to throwing, throwing, throwing ...
well, i guess that's just what Colts do.
Beats rushing for three and out.

Alright, buster. You just earned yourself three more Manning family commercials/ You're going to sit there in your living room and you're going to like them.

And don't come out until you've changed your attitude!

shatch62 said:
Why in the name of all that is holy is he in the game – never mind still throwing the ball – in a blow out win?

Just over 5 minutes to go in the game, up 37-17 Manning is still in the game. WHY???

Why, Why, Why.

I never want a player to get hurt but I so want Manning to get a high ankle sprain in one of these late game blow outs and have him miss 4-6 games. Maybe, just Maybe Dungy would like to get back up QB Sorgi some game reps. Call me silly.

oh, the humanity!!!

how about the fact that the only backup on the roster still has a bum shoulder.

shatch62 said:

Why, Why, Why.

Peyton is about one thing, STATS!! All he cars about are those fall of fame stats that he's trying to rack up so he can say he was the best ever.

:mad:

Because, Peyton Manning is, and always will be more concerned with stats than having a bad game, but winning.

Case in point...Could you ever see Brady doing the commercials that Manning does? Putting on a fake hairpiece and mustache and saying something stupid like "If you like 6 foot 5, 230 pound quarterbacks with a rifle/rocket arm". Or hatching out of a football in the rain and flexing his muscles?

Sorry, but I think that Brady would say "No F%*#ing way will I do that"

I realize that Manning does this stuff with a degree of making fun of himself, but there is an undeniable ego that he always seems to portray. Tom Brady is the most humble, self respecting champion I have ever seen.

Word was after the first SuperBowl victory, Brady was deluged with opportunity to cash in on fame and he turned down 99.9% of it.

Two different people. Ones a self made champion, the other a self fullfilling egomaniac.

Displaced - Fan said:
Peyton is about one thing, STATS!! All he cars about are those fall of fame stats that he's trying to rack up so he can say he was the best ever.

:mad:

You are wrong and obviously didn't see the game. As I posted in another thread about this same topic, the Colts were running the ball and running out the clock and the Texans started calling time outs. As a result, the Colts started passing again.

shatch62 said:

Because....
he's the type of guy who looks far better with a glued on moustache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back