PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Non-US Born Pats Fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah let's see, Up north while I was sitting in my igloo one day... ahaah
Naw back in Calgary, Alberta, Canada the CFL was over and so was highschool football, I was debating if I should go play College ball in the States or just stick around here and it was also time for the NFL season to begin. 1998 Randy Moss was drafted and I was aboustley amazed at his talent and ability and took a shining to him, :) also at the same time I hated the glory teams the Cowboys and such so I found myself a nice underdog, the Patriots.. have been following them ever since and oh yeah.. when Randy went to the Patriots I thought I was dreaming
.......:rofl::rofl::rofl: To funny what did the "iglo" have cable or satalite?

Originally from India and moved into Boston area in 1998 winter. I vivdly remember that day, I was on the T and wearing a patriots hat. The conductor asked me if I know what the score was and I go like ''What do you mean ??" He realized at that point I was wearing the hat without knowing what it was !! :eek: :eek: and gave me a nasty look . The moment I reached home the first thing I did was to find out what the "Flying Elvis" was all about.

No turning back after that and its been a hell of a ride, a sweet one too !!

Hail the conductor for the eye opener and adding a count to the patriots nation :rocker:

Born in Korea, moved to Boston when I was 2, and now I go to college in Baltimore.

I actually wasn't much of a football fan in general until I was in high school, when I played football. I was terrible but since then, I've been a die-hard Pats fan. So I guess I became a Pats fan relatively recently. With my college suitemate being a huge Ravens fan from Baltimore, we naturally had A LOT of arguments on Sundays during football season. He also happens to be a big Maryland Terps fan while I support BC because a bunch of my friends go there, so even though we're really good friends, we've had more than a few visits from our RA about the shouting going on in our suite.

We get good reception from Boston radio sations here in southern Nova Scotia. Our CBS affiliate was recently changed from Detroit to Boston and this guy - BB - was being trashed on the radio everyday on my way to work. Was watching NFL football on Sundays... getting Patriots on CBS... and was hooked.

Might as well watch - I was listening about it twice a day - then the following year Bledsoe went down... history.

Born and raised in Toronto, like most kids up here I grew up hockey-mad, and most other sports were far behind on the map.

It was a given that I'd be a life-long Leafs fan. When the Jays won the World Series in 1992 (and later repeated in 1993), I got really into baseball and realized that it was fun to like more sports than hockey. The Raptors weren't around yet, but I started watching basketball and grew a liking for Charles Barkley and the Phoenix Suns.

Football was a bit of a different story. I never played it as a kid, but would watch the occasional Argos (CFL) game. We would get a few NFL games on Sundays (the Bills, and 1 or 2 others), but I never really followed it.

In the summer of 1993, I became friends with a kid who was a KC Chiefs fan, and decided that I would pick a team to cheer for. I knew the names of the teams, knew some of the logos, but didn't really know any players or who was good or who wasn't.

Now...the good part...

In my attempt to become a real "NFL" fan, I started trying to learn as much about the teams as possible and paying attention to anything NFL-related on TV. Of all things, I remember stumbling across "Regis & Kathy Lee" and Regis was making his predictions for the upcoming NFL season, and was raving about the New England Patriots and how this hot-shot kid named Drew Bledsoe was going to turn the team around.

My decision was made. I was going to follow the Pats, and particularly this Bledsoe character. From that point on, the rest is history.

I live and breathe with the Pats, and will until the day I die, through thick and thin. As I got older, with the popularity of the internet, and the sports packages (i.e. Sunday Ticket), following the Pats has been much easier, and it's been an incredible ride.

And to think...it's because of Regis fricking Philbin!

Last edited:
Born and lived in Trinidad and Tobago, till I was 18. Left Trinidad to go to college in Canada. No NFL team in Canada, so I basically had to choose a team to be a fan of.

Back then the Patriots were a team that beat the best and lost to the worst, totally inconsistent. They had an awesome offensive line anchored by John Hannah and Leon Gray. Basically a running team with Sam the Bam Cunnigham at the helm.

Steve Grogan was quarterback, back then he was awful throwing the ball, but man he sure could run that bootleg. He ran the ball 600 yards that year, which was a ton of yards for that time.

Some of the more intersting players I remembered

Horace "run left" Ivory. Really short career with the pats, wasn't that good.

Ronnie Lippet - He was horrible his first few years but by the end of his career with the Partiots he developed into a really good ball hawk.

Vincent Brown - The undertaker... big big hitter.

Stanley Morgan - for obvious reasons

Steve Grogan - Seeing him develop into a pocket quarterback.

Tony Eason - most overrated player i ever saw wearing a Patriots uniform.

A lot of great stories guys!!!
Mine is not so interesting. I'm from holland, a little place somewhere in Europe where you gotta try your hardest to find an american football. I fell in love with the game and the patriots around the 2000 season i guess. So i'm not someone like most of you guys who has been watching the pats since the 70s and 80s, but then again i'm not that old :D
Just the team-concept really attracted me to them. I've always played team sports and the strategy involved in american football gives it another dimension.
I've never been to boston (yet), but i intend to go there when i make my tour around the states. I can't go till i finish my studies at the University of Amsterdam.
I'm going to Wembley, London this octobre and i can't wait to see the Pats destroy the Bucs :ukflag: :beatingcoming:

A lot of great stories guys!!!
Mine is not so interesting. I'm from holland, a little place somewhere in Europe where you gotta try your hardest to find an american football. I fell in love with the game and the patriots around the 2000 season i guess. So i'm not someone like most of you guys who has been watching the pats since the 70s and 80s, but then again i'm not that old :D
Just the team-concept really attracted me to them. I've always played team sports and the strategy involved in american football gives it another dimension.
I've never been to boston (yet), but i intend to go there when i make my tour around the states. I can't go till i finish my studies at the University of Amsterdam.
I'm going to Wembley, London this octobre and i can't wait to see the Pats destroy the Bucs :ukflag: :beatingcoming:

University of Amsterdam? Theres gotta be some great courses there. Smoking pot 101. Advanced smoking pot 202, Expert Smoking Pot 303, then growing 101, advanced growing 202. Are there courses like that there?

University of Amsterdam? Theres gotta be some great courses there. Smoking pot 101. Advanced smoking pot 202, Expert Smoking Pot 303, then growing 101, advanced growing 202. Are there courses like that there?

Yeah of course :D and mushrooms 404 and the history of smoking pot and the economic situation regarding pot smoking. :p

Born and lived in Trinidad and Tobago, till I was 18. Left Trinidad to go to college in Canada. No NFL team in Canada, so I basically had to choose a team to be a fan of.

Back then the Patriots were a team that beat the best and lost to the worst, totally inconsistent. They had an awesome offensive line anchored by John Hannah and Leon Gray. Basically a running team with Sam the Bam Cunnigham at the helm.

Steve Grogan was quarterback, back then he was awful throwing the ball, but man he sure could run that bootleg. He ran the ball 600 yards that year, which was a ton of yards for that time.

Some of the more intersting players I remembered

Horace "run left" Ivory. Really short career with the pats, wasn't that good.

Ronnie Lippet - He was horrible his first few years but by the end of his career with the Partiots he developed into a really good ball hawk.

Vincent Brown - The undertaker... big big hitter.

Stanley Morgan - for obvious reasons

Steve Grogan - Seeing him develop into a pocket quarterback.

Tony Eason - most overrated player i ever saw wearing a Patriots uniform.

OT, I'm guessing that you're old enough to remember the dominant West Indies cricket teams, then. They used to scare the cr*p out of this and many other Englishmen.

Hmm,
I sure do. We used to get half days off from school to go in the oval to watch the test matches.

Clive Lloyd, Michael Holding, Viv Richards, Andy Roberts, Lawrence Rowe, Gordon Greenidge, so many more i could mention, yeah those were the days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back