PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Mangold not expecting Pats call cause Bill doesn't like him

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
According to him anyway

Nick Mangold not expecting Patriots call because Bill Belichick doesn't like him

I wonder if he really believes it or not. Bill signs players who he has had his team battle against all the time. I don't know why there would be personal dislike. Maybe he is just ticked he didn't get a call from them when he thought they'd be in the running and is thinking "Must mean Bill doesn't like me" which is kind of an arrogant attitude if that is the case.

Maybe they just like Andrews for the price they have him for over you? It is possible.

Last edited:
There was a sideline scuffle a few years ago, and Nick and Bill might have exchanged some words.

What a dumb thing for Mangold to say.

"After all the battles..." BB doesn't like me. Definitely joking about his own prowess in those games. Not the kind that would do Bill's team any favors. In other words 'I was a strong competitor, so bill might not favor me all that much.' (very light, indeed)

I think he's a perfect fit for the right money.

There was a sideline scuffle a few years ago, and Nick and Bill might have exchanged some words.

Nick Mangold: Bill Belichick got heated after late hit

The hit also was aimed directly at Talib's knees, something the Patriots clearly didn't take kindly to (if this was Ndamukong Suh making that hit, the Internet would have blown up).

Mangold said Patriots coach Bill Belichick in particular got a bit testy after the hit.

"He got heated about it," Mangold said. "I was a little surprised by that. I figured he'd have a little bit more poise. But it's obviously an intense game, intense rivalry and tempers flare. I'm not really sure (what Belichick said). I didn't catch it. There was a decent amount of yelling. So I couldn't tell you. You'll have to go to the NFL mics. I'm sure they've got plenty around."

edit- here's the play:

Last edited:
there's also this:

http://nypost.com/2015/01/26/mangold-richardson-slam-patriots-on-deflategate-not-surprised/

Mangold echoed Richardson’s skepticism of the claim by Bill Belichick and Tom Brady that they had nothing to do with all 12 of their footballs reportedly being deflated — 11 by at least 2 pounds per square inch (psi) — in last week’s 45-7 AFC title game rout of the Colts.

“All 12 of [the Patriots’] balls having something wrong with them does tell you something is amiss,” Mangold said with a grin after playing alongside Richardson for Irvin’s team.

Added Mangold: “It does seem like it’s always something with the Patriots. It does seem that way.”

and this:

http://nypost.com/2013/06/20/jets-mangold-belichick-probably-losing-mind-over-patriots-problems/

Jets center Nick Mangold couldn’t help taking a few digs at the arch-rival Patriots in the wake of Aaron Hernandez being involved in the investigation of a shooting death, Rob Gronkowski’s multiple surgeries and New England’s surprise decision to sign Tim Tebow.

“I bet Bill [Belichick] is losing his mind right now,” Mangold said.

Asked if he was healthy going into the summer break, Mangold then poked fun at Gronkowski by saying: “As long as I can avoid back surgery and forearm surgery, I’m good.”

and this:

Last edited:
He's either joking based on a belief that he's been a thorn in BB's side for years (hey, let him have something to help him sleep), or there's something we don't know about that happened at some game.

I'd love to take a flyer on mangold. Sometimes those old lineman find the fountain of youth

Hmmm... let's see... a 33 year old pure center coming off of an ankle injury that was so bad that he's still rehabbing from it, in a year where he earned $8.6 Million, is wondering why the Patriots, a team with a perfectly fine center in Dave Andrews who will make $600,000 in 2017, hasn't called.

It's obvious. Bill Belichick doesn't like him. That has to be it. :)

Sister Holley Mangold could kick the living **** out of Nick...

I know that's why he hasn't called me, too.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back