PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFP: "This game for the Broncos was a good old fashion a$s kicking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Beauty article by Lombardi. We need to revel in the afterglow a bit more, in my opinion.

The National Football Post | National Football Post Diner News

This game for the Broncos was a good old fashion ass kicking. No other way around it. And what Denver needs to understand is that their failures as a football team are related to a design problem, not a production problem. This means that the team’s design is not able to compete with the Patriots, not the team’s ability to coach or produce results. The team is ill equipped to handle power, especially on the defensive side and they MUST develop a philosophy of what they want to become on defense. Losing all of these players will not hurt the Broncos— was Boss Bailey really making any plays? Depth is not the problem for the Broncos—talent is the problem for the Broncos. And when you have a great coaching staff that can hide some of the talent problems, you fail to realize the core issue. For example, when I was in Denver, all they talked about was how DT Stephen Harris was going to be a star defensive lineman. He was big fast, and athletic. In fact, they were so convinced they had a gem, that they did not even play him in the pre season for fear someone might steal him away. What a joke!!! And now, they just cut him off of the practice squad, as he is no longer talented enough to help this talentless defense? My point here is one of the biggest problems in Denver—self evaluation of their own players. They overvalue and overrate and now when coaching cannot hide the problems, they are left with no answers. It’s a design problem—not a production problem.

I don't know about the rest of the article but Bailey had been shutting Moss down.

The Broncos are the AFC's Cowboys...lots of offense, but defensive personnel is talented, albeit overhyped AND overrated ON PAPER, and nothing else.

I don't know about the rest of the article but Bailey had been shutting Moss down.

Boss Bailey, not Champ Bailey...

Very interesting in sight. I think a lot of teams over value their own talent, but it sounds like Denver goes to the extreme. Basically saying the Shanahan the coach has making up for the poor personnel choices of shanahan the GM.

I believe there was discussion of how Shanny falls in and out of love very quickly with new talent and that they've had 4 new D coords in the last 3-4 years. Brutal.

I believe there was discussion of how Shanny falls in and out of love very quickly with new talent and that they've had 4 new D coords in the last 3-4 years. Brutal.

Some of those D-coords were actually quite good...Jim Bates and Ray Rhodes being 2 of them...but he nonetheless forced them out when things didn't go well.

But thin year, his guy was some incompetent **** from GB that even Mike Sherman didn't want.

Did Shanahan win those 2 Super Bowls b/c he had John Elway? Or was it b/c his dirty chop-blocking was legal then? Since then, he hasn't even won a playoff game.

Some of those D-coords were actually quite good...Jim Bates and Ray Rhodes being 2 of them...but he nonetheless forced them out when things didn't go well.

But thin year, his guy was some incompetent **** from GB that even Mike Sherman didn't want.

Did Shanahan win those 2 Super Bowls b/c he had John Elway? Or was it b/c his dirty chop-blocking was legal then? Since then, he hasn't even won a playoff game.

Shanny should have given Dom Capers the job... if he'd of taken it.

Denver did not have a single snap inside the red zone until the first snap of the 4th quarter.*

Regards,
Chris

*Evidence of an a$s kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey