PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN:Brady texted 2 of his former receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam sure brady was not doing lawyer speak post-game when he was asked this so that no one can say he didnt text. I tend to believe him if he says he didnt talk means he didnt text them to come and ask to come and play for the pats rather than two reporters "close to the situation" who report this happened.

I can understand it if Brady texted Branch and Lloyd after last week's game. Clearly, Brady was very frustrated with the situation.

I'm also fine with Brady's statements.
======

I am MOST fine with the fact that Josh changed to offense to better ease the rookies into the full offense.

It is easy for us now to day that this was all unreasonable and unnecessary. After all, we are 3-0, and the passing game looked much better.

Did he text Lloyd: "NFL...just so u kno!"?

This is just so much bull**** it's hard to even fathom folks buying into it. Does anyone think Brady would want Branch or Lioyd so now he would have two worse receivers with more downside and less upside than the kids? C'mon men, put your brains in gear.

Yes, according to Michael Silver.

The same guy Raider's fans link to to prove the tuck rule was never called before the snow bowl.

Yes, he wrote that. I searched for his retraction since we saw the Jets get that against the Patriots. I sent him links (now 404s because the NFL redid their format) to other games it was called.

He knew he was just plain wrong on a statement of fact and did not admit it. He has 0 creditability.

That said, he might be right. Like when he said Belichick HATES Tebow just before Belichick signed him.

This story is setting my bullsh-t detector off. I know journalists sometimes get crap for making things up, but I really feel like Silver outright makes stuff up; this isn't the first time I've thought so.

Two things. First, why would Brady be texting them to "gauge" their availability? Belichick, or whichever staffer normally calls free agents that the Pats are interested in signing, would probably call them, ask if they're available for X dollars, and have them in for a physical if there was mutual interest.

Second, who would know? Either Brady leaked it, or both Branch and Lloyd leaked it. C'monn. I almost feel like writing to Silver's editor if I can find out who it is.

I'm thrilled that the consensus on this board ended up being that this story is BS, because it almost certainly was. As you said, it would never be Brady who sent out legitimate feelers, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend that he did. It would pretty much have to go as such:

* Team makes decision not to retain Lloyd and Branch and makes no overtures to retain them after camp.

* Brady expresses displeasure with the receiving corps.

At this point, if the team agreed, it would be them who contacted Branch or Lloyd, but since it wasn't them we can assume they preferred to hold course. I mean, would Bill really say, "All right, Tom. Get in touch with them and see how interested they are in returning"? :confused:

* Tom's frustration deepens, to the point that he goes behind his FO and coach's back to solicit the players himself.

Does anyone really buy this? :bricks:

I can maybe buy that Brady asked Branch, in particular, to talk to the young guys and help them out. Thompkins, in particular, could really benefit from Branch's guidance. But I think everyone realizes that, even in their current state, Thompkins and Dobson both bring more to the offense than Branch does. He just can't get it done physically anymore.

Also, Silver is the guy who claimed that there was a rift between the Pats and Brady like a week before he signed a contract making him the highest-paid player in the NFL. I'm skeptical that he has any actual sources re: Brady.

I can maybe buy that Brady asked Branch, in particular, to talk to the young guys and help them out. Thompkins, in particular, could really benefit from Branch's guidance. But I think everyone realizes that, even in their current state, Thompkins and Dobson both bring more to the offense than Branch does. He just can't get it done physically anymore.

Also, Silver is the guy who claimed that there was a rift between the Pats and Brady like a week before he signed a contract making him the highest-paid player in the NFL. I'm skeptical that he has any actual sources re: Brady.

Silver:BB hates tebow too. :rolleyes:

I'm thrilled that the consensus on this board ended up being that this story is BS, because it almost certainly was. As you said, it would never be Brady who sent out legitimate feelers, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend that he did. It would pretty much have to go as such:

* Team makes decision not to retain Lloyd and Branch and makes no overtures to retain them after camp.

* Brady expresses displeasure with the receiving corps.

At this point, if the team agreed, it would be them who contacted Branch or Lloyd, but since it wasn't them we can assume they preferred to hold course. I mean, would Bill really say, "All right, Tom. Get in touch with them and see how interested they are in returning"? :confused:

* Tom's frustration deepens, to the point that he goes behind his FO and coach's back to solicit the players himself.

Does anyone really buy this? :bricks:

The idea that if he was going to do such that he'd be going after the corpse of Branch... Knowing where a guy is going to be covered isn't any better than not knowing where a guy is going to be open.

I'll throw out one other possibility, though it seems rather slim.

Remember back in the 2009 training camp, and Brady said (jokingly, in a tongue in cheek manner) that he still can't run, still can't jump in a post-practice interview?

While it was clear to anyone that was there it was said in a joking manner in reference to the lack of speed he has always had, every national publication picked up on the specific words with alarming columns about how his rehab was not doing well, some speculating that he would not be able to play once the regular season began.

Fast forward to these texts.

Now I'm just speculating, but perhaps Brady was joking back and forth with Branch and Lloyd after the second game via text. Somehow, some way a writer found out about those texts.

As with most written communication, without context the message could appear to be something quite different from what it was intended to be. Any type of joking and sarcasm can come across quite differently in written form than in verbal form.

Remember back in the 2009 training camp, and Brady said (jokingly, in a tongue in cheek manner) that he still can't run, still can't jump in a post-practice interview?

While it was clear to anyone that was there it was said in a joking manner in reference to the lack of speed he has always had, every national publication picked up on the specific words with alarming columns about how his rehab was not doing well, some speculating that he would not be able to play once the regular season began.

Now I'm just speculating, but perhaps Brady was joking back and forth with Branch and Lloyd after the second game via text. Somehow, some way a writer found out about those texts.

As with most written communication, without context the message could appear to be something quite different from what it was intended to be. Any type of joking and sarcasm can come across quite differently in written form than in verbal form.

The flaw is this would require Silver/Rappaport to be idiots, not the evil incarnate they obviously are.:)

Brady has a Bkackberry........umm, I mean,......I don't know how they hacked it.

C'mon that's easy. NSA man.

993787_418942544886485_935912965_n.jpg

I'll throw out another 2 theories that would account (if you follow the $$):

1. Each player has an "AGENT". Agents want to make MONEY. A Player being signed to a Team earns MONEY for the agent.
If TB TRULY WANTED a guy on HIS team; guaranteed there are 16 OTHER TEAMS (at the bottom of the pile or who just had a guy who broke his arm); who would at least give the player some due diligence, SIMPLY BASED ON THE GOAT's OPINION. And the greatest thing for the agent is 'IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE TRUE; HE ONLY HAS TO MAKE ONE TEAM THINK IT IS TRUE." So there is one possible "source".

2. All media are making money on internet hits (tweet, pagehits, whatever); & There is NO SYSTEMIC PENALTY FOR EMBELLISHMENT, DISTORTION, or even OUTRIGHT LYING.

Other than the few of us who actively-try to avoid guys like Silver or
Bo(r)gus; most folks are clicking willy-nilly on the links and reading the stories. Same goes with these headlines that never match the story content - it is all to drive click-hits. If the bosses are getting hits; they probably dont care about truth or accuracy either. So there is no dis-incentive to slow these guys from 'making sheet up'. Just the way it is. buyer beware is all you can say.

Yes, according to Michael Silver.

The same guy Raider's fans link to to prove the tuck rule was never called before the snow bowl.

Yes, he wrote that. I searched for his retraction since we saw the Jets get that against the Patriots. I sent him links (now 404s because the NFL redid their format) to other games it was called.

He knew he was just plain wrong on a statement of fact and did not admit it. He has 0 creditability.

That said, he might be right. Like when he said Belichick HATES Tebow just before Belichick signed him.

and isn't Silver the same guy who wrote nonsense - and all his claims were wrong - about Brady's pay discussions with the team a few years back?

and isn't Silver the same guy who wrote nonsense - and all his claims were wrong - about Brady's pay discussions with the team a few years back?

Yes, Silver wrote it a week or so before Brady signed the big $ contract with the Patriots. These guys know no shame.

Yes, Silver wrote it a week or so before Brady signed the big $ contract with the Patriots. These guys know no shame.

He said that there was a "disconnect" between Brady and the organization, which lead to a ton of threads talking about when he was going to sign with SF.

The same Ian Rappaport who was giving opinions on specific players in Patriots' training camp without attending one session? The PFW guys kill him on a regular basis, and I'm starting to understand why.

Shocking misinformation is always better than nothing for the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST