PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to finally be free of Moron Jeff Triplette?

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Let the joyous news be spread?

Referee Jeff Triplette reportedly retiring after shaky performance in NFL playoffs

Here's my question: did the NFL know Triplette was retiring before this game? And did Triplette get a playoff game BECAUSE he was retiring? Triplette had not been assigned a playoff game since the 2013 season, according to Pro-Football-Reference.

It seems extremely coincidental that Triplette would get a playoff game for his final assignment after failing to grade well enough over the last three seasons to earn one.

theres some debate on whether he fixed the game.

I know there was at least one call where mariota fumbled on a sack that the call was So damn bad, i was actually pissed FOR the chiefs.

theres some debate on whether he fixed the game.

I know there was at least one call where mariota fumbled on a sack that the call was So damn bad, i was actually pissed FOR the chiefs.

On the other hand, there was also the Kelce concussion fumble though. The NFL claims that Kelce regained possession on the ground, which is impossible because all he did was scoop it towards him while he was knocked out, and didn't actually grab it.

Then again, that was Riverion who chose not to review it, not Triplette (although he made the initial call). Frankly I think Riverion was just afraid to overturn a call to call it a fumble when the guy was concussed on a helmet-to-helmet hit that wasn't penalized.

10yrs too late. he’s Triplin’!

The worst of all time. And he did it all with a smirk.

Now if they can just not replace him with an equally incompetent and corrupt imbecile and also get rid of Boger, Anderson, Corrente, and a few others, the NFL will be looking pretty good.

At least in terms of officiating.

So, I'm the third person in 10 minutes to immediately think of Boger.

Yup, sounds about right.

Jesus, is it possible for an NFL quarterback to turtle any more than Bortles has? Looks like he would rather go to a cooking class. The whole team knows it and are bordering on just folding.

By trotting out Triplette, the NFL was not interested in putting out the finest, most competent officiating crew possible so the game is called perfectly

Which is consistent with everything they do

I think the NFL needs to change how it referees games and also places the ball. The ball and field should be chipped so that you can have exact ball placement. Refs should be replaced by topless dancers (can be both sexes so not to offend).

The guys a goon! I’m glad he’s gone. Now, if he could just take that flag happy pats hater with him? Wouldn’t that be nice?

Let the joyous news be spread?

Referee Jeff Triplette reportedly retiring after shaky performance in NFL playoffs

Here's my question: did the NFL know Triplette was retiring before this game? And did Triplette get a playoff game BECAUSE he was retiring? Triplette had not been assigned a playoff game since the 2013 season, according to Pro-Football-Reference.

It seems extremely coincidental that Triplette would get a playoff game for his final assignment after failing to grade well enough over the last three seasons to earn one.
At least we didn't get stuck with him again! Now if he could only take a few others with him!

I don't recall any infamous Triplette gaffes calling Pats games. Boger's "work" is another matter entirely.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back