PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL digging dirt on Brady: Is it paranoia if it is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zydecochris

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I promise I'm about as far from a paranoid conspiracy theorist as you can get (for example: Area 51 is a secret test facility for planes like stealth aircraft, there are no aliens!!).

It kind of reminds me of dirty political campaigns where they hire investigators to dig up dirt (real or imagined) on the opposing candidate, often suggesting malfeasance by association even when it isn't there. Is the NFL trying to dig up dirt on Brady? Is this paranoia, or is the NFL truly out to get Brady?

What is next? To tell the truth at this point I was going to list some ridiculously exaggerated examples of headlines "Brady's son has connections with first grade teacher with suspicious last name", or "Brady connected with personal foul (roughing the passer) due to suspicious contact with opposing player".

However, after thinking about it, I think the events of the last year have been stranger, more bizarre, and more absurd than anything I could make up. :cool:

Last edited:
Nothing surprises me, with all the hit pieces ESPN ran after each "win" brady had, Goodell has been nothing but running this league like if he was running the WWE

Its becoming unrecognizable, and if Brady were to retire tomorrow, my watching may follow quickly

Last edited:
No question there are those in the 345 Park Ave offices that want to see the worst for TB12.

Whether they have the power and reach to execute on a smear campaign not sure.

Boston Mag. seems like its out of their reach.

Nah.. what it is from my viewpoint is people digging deeper because they know anything associated with Brady at the moment is lunch money. Even walking down some steps at his sisters wedding last week was over the British press about how glum he and the Mrs looked. Click Click Click

I think in "All the Presidents Men" they called it "rat f*ing" ... Personal sabotage of reputation or image.

I'm not paranoid enough to think that's what's going on. A lot of it is media driven and don't under estimate how New York-centric -- and young and stupid -- much of the national media is. Like Brady said: it's the patriots; everything's a big deal.

No question there are those in the 345 Park Ave offices that want to see the worst for TB12.

Whether they have the power and reach to execute on a smear campaign not sure.

Boston Mag. seems like its out of their reach.

Again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

It just seems very weirdly coincidental that every few days since the Bergman ruling there is some new article coming out that somehow associates Brady's name with some type of implied dirt. None of them really show any type of wrong doing, they just hint at it. I'm not even including other articles that have come out in the last few weeks like Headsetgate, etc.

One instance is coincidence. Two instances is strange. Three is very surprising. Four is a pattern. :cool:

Last edited:
The NFL is doing all they can to smear Brady, and minimize him whenever possible. Which articles are a direct result of NFL requests are up for debate.

It just seems very weirdly coincidental that every few days there is some new article coming out that somehow associates Brady's name with some type of implied dirt.

None of them say: "We have shown that Brady has done the following wrongdoing". The only alleged actual wrong doing was Deflategate, and in my opinion (others may disagree) Bergman completely exonerated Brady in his ruling.

I just find it very coincidental that all of these articles are suddenly appearing so soon after the Bergman ruling.
IDK, after each "unnamed source" article ESPN ran, I really cannot put anything past the NFL any more

Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a female trainer when he was in college. These assholes can get back to me when Brady does something as vile as that.

And this new thing about Guerrero is just the media grasping at short straws because they've run out of stuff. So it seems like they've decided to turn to associates of Brady.

Last edited:

It just seems very weirdly coincidental that every few days there is some new article coming out that somehow associates Brady's name with some type of implied dirt.

None of them say: "We have shown that Brady has done the following wrongdoing". The only alleged actual wrong doing was Deflategate, and in my opinion (others may disagree) Bergman completely exonerated Brady in his ruling.

I just find it very coincidental that all of these articles are suddenly appearing so soon after the Bergman ruling.
I don't see anything in the 3rd article you mention (about the payments Brady makes to practice squad players) as being even remotely critical. Quite the opposite, in fact. It is very complimentary of Brady and concludes with:

"They may be in the same division and play the same position, but the comparisons between Brady and Tannehill end there and if I were Tannehill, I’d take the road better traveled by Brady and embrace the competition, not throw a fit about it."

Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a female trainer when he was in college. These assholes can get back to me when Brady does something as vile as that.
link?

I promise I'm about as far from a paranoid conspiracy theorist as you can get (for example: Area 51 is a secret test facility for planes like stealth aircraft, there are no aliens!!).

It kind of reminds me of dirty political campaigns where they hire investigators to dig up dirt (real or imagined) on the opposing candidate, often suggesting malfeasance by association even when it isn't there. Is the NFL trying to dig up dirt on Brady? Is this paranoia, or is the NFL truly out to get Brady?

What is next? To tell the truth at this point I was going to list some ridiculously exaggerated examples of headlines "Brady's son has connections with first grade teacher with suspicious last name", or "Brady connected with personal foul (roughing the passer) due to suspicious contact with opposing player".

However, after thinking about it, I think the events of the last year have been stranger, more bizarre, and more absurd than anything I could make up. :cool:
The thing with Guerro is pretty obvious, he's under Federal investigation for, as the article says, being pretty much a snake oil salesman. Brady is, if anything, the victim there. I mean ... Juice that protects you from concussions?? Come on. It's kind of disappointing to me that TB sets store by him. There are plenty of more reputable nutrition/homeopathic practitioners out there.

but the integrity of the game is the most important, like where you film other teams, or how balls from both teams get deflated from the IGL

It just seems very weirdly coincidental that every few days since the Bergman ruling there is some new article coming out that somehow associates Brady's name with some type of implied dirt. None of them really show any type of wrong doing, they just hint at it. I'm not even including other articles that have come out in the last few weeks like Headsetgate, etc.

One instance is coincidence. Two instances is strange. Three is very surprising. Four is a pattern. :cool:

I hear you on this.

The Patriots and TB12 are a lightening rod for the mediots these days. Gisele and TB12 on the rocks. Bad business deals, etc. Reporters are going to go the extra mile to dig dirt on Tom because it'll get them notoriety.

I think part of it is the NFL fanning the flames for ESPN.

The other are the mediots just digging through the dumpster.

its our local media. its expected. i expect some worse rumor/crap coming out next week before the game. be ready.

I think you're being paranoid. They've got NADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes