PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 10 year deal signed to play NFL in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's inconsequential to me and only a mild irritant when the Pats play there. Actually, I like the morning TV game. On my list of grievances against this immoral, crooked league it's way down the list. I think it's poor thinking to plan having a franchise there, but I really don't give a rat's ass.

Tottenham JAGuars??.....nah....not sexy enough.......London Monarchs???............too predictable. Goodell's Folly.........getting warmer.

I don't see any field level lounges. I'm confused. Does this mean they want everyday passionate fans to be able to afford going to games?

Goddell going one step forward in transforming the NFL in a Harlem globetrotters exhibition.

What's next, a reality show where the winner makes a NFL roster?

I bet Kraft got a nice 'gentleman's agreement' from Goodell that the Pats get at least 2 or 3 of these games in his tireless talks last spring.

Thats terrible booo boo NFL I don't think many players like this.

I'm quite happy about this, more chance of seeing the Patriots which is never a bad thing

I hope the NFL* puts a franchise in London next season. Hell let's expand it all over the world(except Canada). I'd love to see the NFL* implode. It would be pure bliss! F*ck that corrupt league. I meant what I said when I said I'll stop watching the NFL* after Brady and Belichick retire. F*ck Kraft* and his other 31 corrupt buddies.

Goddell going one step forward in transforming the NFL in a Harlem globetrotters exhibition.

What's next, a reality show where the winner makes a NFL roster?
Not only that but winner gets to take the first snap at QB of the season! Its all about integrity of the game and making the fans as happy as possible by letting one fan out of millions actually live the NFL experience. *cue Goodell starring in a commercial announcing this with emotional piano music in the background letting us all know that he's only doing this because its apparently what the fans want and has absolutely nothing to do with the money.*

I hope the NFL* puts a franchise in London next season. Hell let's expand it all over the world(except Canada). I'd love to see the NFL* implode. It would be pure bliss! F*ck that corrupt league. I meant what I said when I said I'll stop watching the NFL* after Brady and Belichick retire. F*ck Kraft* and his other 31 corrupt buddies.
So... Post Brady/BB, I won't expect to see your name on this message board?
BTW. I don't know if your married, have kids or what: but what will u ever do if your son/daughter says to you.."Daddy can u get me a Pats t-shirt"?

I look forward to every Sunday with a London game. Nothing quite like back-to-back-to-back-to-back football games.

BTW. I don't know if your married, have kids or what: but what will u ever do if your son/daughter says to you.."Daddy can u get me a Pats t-shirt"?

I can't put a time frame on when you'd stop seeing my name on this message board. There would no doubt be plenty of discussion about Brady and Belichick following their retirement which would keep me on this site for a few months. But I will not watch another NFL* game after they both retire. Eventually you'll stop seeing my name on this site. I can easily stop watching the NFL. It's not my favourite sport.

I know what I'd want to say but I'm not a parent so I wouldn't know what would be the best thing to say.

I don't have kids, but I'm in the same place as Wheelman. When Kraft caved, I was sure I was done with the Pats. As of now, I'm finding that I'm still so invested in Brady/Belichick that i might not be able to quit cold turkey. Maybe I will, I dunno. I cancelled Sunday Ticket, but as someone who hasn't missed a Pats game since 2003, I don't have a lot of faith that I'll be able to resist the temptation to watch.

That said, once Brady and Belichick are gone I'm probably out on the NFL entirely. Knowing what we know now about concussions, it's just really hard for me to feel good about watching the NFL. Makes me feel morally complicit in everything that's going on. I dunno what the end game is, but I suspect that long-term it may involve gravitating more toward basketball and soccer. Neither sport is anywhere near as interesting/exciting as football, but at least players are generally retiring with their health in both, and basketball actually has some credibility in its league office right now.

I don't have kids, but I'm in the same place as Wheelman. When Kraft caved, I was sure I was done with the Pats. As of now, I'm finding that I'm still so invested in Brady/Belichick that i might not be able to quit cold turkey. Maybe I will, I dunno. I cancelled Sunday Ticket, but as someone who hasn't missed a Pats game since 2003, I don't have a lot of faith that I'll be able to resist the temptation to watch.

That said, once Brady and Belichick are gone I'm probably out on the NFL entirely. Knowing what we know now about concussions, it's just really hard for me to feel good about watching the NFL. Makes me feel morally complicit in everything that's going on. I dunno what the end game is, but I suspect that long-term it may involve gravitating more toward basketball and soccer. Neither sport is anywhere near as interesting/exciting as football, but at least players are generally retiring with their health in both, and basketball actually has some credibility in its league office right now.
At least you're honest in accepting that ambivalence . Through the anonymity of message boards, tweets n other social media, people can make any pronouncements they want.
People of this board are fans of the team, not specifically of Brady and BB. Our fandom peaks when personalities such as these (Gronk being the latest) come into our view. Will you not get caught up if someone new comes onboard and ignites the team post Brady n BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes