PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC teams

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
While the AFC is in flux we do still see very familar faces at the top for the most part. It is an odd year but some stability seems to be there for the AFC. The NFC has seen a dramatic turn around.

The 6 teams in the playoffs last year were in order...

#1 Cowboys #2 Falcons #3 Seahawks #4 Packers #5 Giants #6 Lions. This year has been fair upended.

At this point it is fair to say the formor 11-5 Giants are completely out of it.

The Falcons looks shell shocked and Ryan clearly has lost his magic. This team looks like yet another team to make it to a super bowl only to have a hangover.

The Packers will be hard pressed to make the playoffs They are 4-3 now. Assuming Rodgers is back for the last 3 games even if they win all 3 it may not be enough.

The Cowboys are 3-3 and will eventually be without Elliot for 6 games I would assume. They will very likely be looking to make it with a wildcard and have a hard road to make a deep run without any home field if that happens.

The Lions are the Lions. #6 seed last year and trying really hard to be again this year. But not a real threat to do anything.

Of these 6 teams... 1 is standing still 4 are going backwards (some drastically) and only Seattle appears to be staying in the mix and looking to have back to back solid years. Their D is again legit but their OL is a concern again.

The Eagles, Saints, Vikings. Rams and maybe Panthers could knock off a number of last years playoff teams. To me the NFC is just so damn wide open right now. It would not surprise me if the Eagles or Vikings or Rams were the first seed or missed the playoffs entirely. If I were to guess right now I'd say Seattle if it gets a few home games can represent the conference.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back