PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New study links youth football to behavioral problems

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
"Well we've heard about concussions and NFL players, but what about children who play tackle football? A new study out today from Boston University's Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Center links kids under age 12 who play tackle football with mood and behavior problems later in life."

New Study Links Playing Football At A Young Age To Behavioral Problems

"Well we've heard about concussions and NFL players, but what about children who play tackle football? A new study out today from Boston University's Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Center links kids under age 12 who play tackle football with mood and behavior problems later in life."

New Study Links Playing Football At A Young Age To Behavioral Problems
I recall when I was young there was no organized football of any kind until 8th grade. That was due to safety concerns, and waiting until a kid's body had been given a bit of a chance to grow.

Now we have Pop Warner leagues starting for kids age 5.

Part of the problem is that some/many Pop Warners are run as a business (based on conversations I overheard when my kids were in it, at a national competition). So while all the new information would make sense for them to scale back, I doubt that will happen. It will be up to the parents to take a firm stance, while athletic kids will face peer pressure to man up and join a team.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back