PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New offense: 6 OL, 1WR, 1RB, 2 TEs.

I would rather see Bill re-sign White AND sign a Clock-Killer like Fournette or Chris Carson...What I would rather NOT see Bill do is waste a top-100 draft pick on another RB...or Safety...
I agree, I think BGC posted a list with starting rb's in the last Super Bowls and their salary. It wasn't more than a few millions. I think we could get a good rb cheap. I'd rather use such picks for best player available obv but prefer for positions who are expensive and not easy to sign a good contributor

As per the details of the restraining order you are not allowed to link my username. Authorities have been notified.
Notaries have been authorized.

Honestly I think BB is taking a page from the Raven two years ago when they ran 2-3 TE sets and smashed the ball down opponent's throats. It makes sense in some regard to have that many TE's and large WR's on the field because Cam can't hit small targets, may as well give him some tall big guys to throw to. Also the WR's are large and all great blockers outside of Gunner maybe and the offensive line will be big and talented.

Bill says, laugh at me media, I'll show you I can win with Cam!

They drafted Michel and Harris for a reason. The touches need to go to these guys. Pats need bigger plays and White doesn't really provide that without gimmicks. The interest in Fournette and Carson may signal they are moving on from White.
There's enough touches to go around. White doubles as an extra receiver and is by far more versatile than Michel and Harris.

If anyone can do it, Bill can. Does it look like Bill the GM is rebuilding the team around Cam's strengths and weaknesses? If that is what he is doing, then we will see Bill the coach create a masterpiece. This time nobody will say it was because he had Brady. Bellichick did a pretty good job last season with what he had and came close to winning a few more games against good teams. His accomplishment will leave no doubt about his abilities just like everybody knows Brady was largely responsible for what happened with the Bucs.

I like a FB (or 2nd RB) instead of the 6th OL.

I call upon the elders to recognize my rite of challenge.
I AM your elder, Luke. ;)

besides, the elder council already decided: you LEFT your RIGHT to challenge when the grammar police stopped you on the way to the council meeting.

I AM your elder, Luke. ;)

besides, the elder council already decided: you LEFT your RIGHT to challenge when the grammar police stopped you on the way to the council meeting.
1616044763013.png

Is it the media that says that Bill can't win with Cam.

Much more than the media, it is posters on message boards.

And former coaches...and players...and executives...and analysts...and anyone with eyes...

Is it the media that says that Bill can't win with Cam.

Much more than the media, it is posters on message boards.
I don't see Cam as the answer this year. We have no idea who will start this fall. Belichick has $6 million guaranteed tied up in the QB position. There will definitely be two or three more QBs in camp beyond Stidham and Newton. He's got players and draft picks for a trade, and five picks in the first four rounds.

Gilmore is a critical part of what comes next, I believe. With Duggar's emergence and the signing of S/CB Jalen Mills, Gilmore and his cap number are more disposable than just a week ago. The signings of Tyrod Tayler, Jacoby Brissett, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Andy Dalton cleared out most of the backup/rookie development veterans. All of the teams in the group who signed those players could be trade partners.

The Deshaun Watson possibility got murky with the accusation of sexual assault which may be legitimate, or may not be legitimate. Tua Tagovailoa looks like a possibility here with Cam. A Gilmore + early draft pick - Tagovailoa trade could work out for everybody. Miami pick 3rd overall and could go QB.

The Cam Newton signing also signaled that the Patriots will draft a QB unless they have more confidence in Stidham in 2021 than they showed in 2020. Belichick sees promise in QBs that others don't. Brissett and Jimmy G proved they can play, not so much other recent picks.

There's enough touches to go around. White doubles as an extra receiver and is by far more versatile than Michel and Harris.
No he's not. And how do you know Michel/Harris is not capable when they don't throw him the ball or rotate them out for White? One way to find out is to get rid of White. Also, White is worthless on the ground.

Sorry guys, White's a JAG.

No he's not. And how do you know Michel/Harris is not capable when they don't throw him the ball or rotate them out for White? One way to find out is to get rid of White. Also, White is worthless on the ground.

Sorry guys, White's a JAG.
You couldn't possibly be more wrong. There's much much more to being a RB than being a bell cow. White is versatile, quick, and can find the gaps. He provides a change of pace and deception that we lack from our bigger guys. He's a great complimentary piece and getting rid of him in order to put more wear and tear on our top 2 is an incredibly stupid idea.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.
In which way? White isn't worthless on the ground? Michel/Harris aren't capable? White isn't a JAG?

If I was wrong, White would've been signed by Bill long ago or another team by now. In the end, I do think he returns. I just hope not.

In which way? White isn't worthless on the ground? Michel/Harris aren't capable? White isn't a JAG?
Yes yes and yes. If Michel and Harris were able to handle pass pays they would have been targets. Neither of them have ever proven to be better than mediocre targets, they clearly would rather roll out Burkhead, nevermind White, on a passing play than put the ball in either of their hands, as evidenced by the fact that they'd run out EITHER White OR Burkhead over Michel OR Harris on pass plays.

As for White, he's an ideal scat back, which is a skillset we don't have elsewhere on the roster. That two way roster role filled by guys like Woodhead, Vereen and White has been invaluable to this team in the past.

Bottom line, if we get rid of White, it will be to replace him with a younger version of him.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back