PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Pats Tailgate , 4 Downs with Felger on FSNE blacked out on DirecTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaychamp said:
DirectTV just has a bunch of 3rd party call centers overseas that send those stupid scripts. Don't bother, and just try FSNE.

If it's any consolation(sp?), they did this with the Red Sox pregame show for awhile, which they blamed on NESN of course, and everyone from the message board wrote to NESN. I'm not sure if that's what did it, or if DTV was just blowing smoke, but it did come back after about 2 weeks.

Bingo!!! Everyone keep writing FSNE till we get an answer!:rocker:

BelichickFan said:
You probably live in the Boston area, right ?

Yes, sorry, I do live in New England. South of Worcester

This is getting stupid!!!! NEST has always worked for me and now it's being blacked out as well. Guess it's time to drop the extra sports package!

I'm in Northern VA and I'm still able to get NEST every night.

I think Directv and this Fox sports network thing has been bungled by both sides.

My speculation is that Directv probably tried to charge Fox Sportsnetwork or reduce their cut of the pie somehow and this is Fox's retaliation.

Directv is long on lip service and short on actual customer service. I have called them on this and they just spout the same old party line that it is blacked out without any real explanation why. Every time I call, I get greated with "i see you're one of our best customers.."

It seems to me if Directv cared about their "best customers" they would take a complaint seriously and investigate it and give a REAL response to their customer.

Fox Sports tonight was blacked out as well... this is not good..

I have always been able to get NEST, then last night at 7 it was blacked out. However when i flipped back over for the late edition, it was on----so let's hope it stays on! I was told i would be able to see all of the "non-game" programing, so if this crap continues without an answer--i'll see what else i can do:D

I watched Sports Tonight at 630 and 10pm (eastern times) and they weren't blacked out. I didn't try tuning in for the 700 and 1030 reruns. If that starts getting blacked out, there will be a lot of cancellations - including from me.

I emailed FSNE and here is the reply I got

I emailed FSNE and here is the reply I got:

-------------- Original message --------------

Both New England Tailgate and 4 Downs with Felger use footage obtained under a license with NFL Films. The use of this footage is limited to the six New England States. Unfortunately, these programs will only be available in the New England area.

Thank you.

>>> <armenzeyto> 09/26/06 1:59 PM >>>

Name: Armen Z

Email: armenzeyto

I am not longer recieving New England Patriots Tailgate on my DirectTV service from Florida. DirectTV informed me that this was your decision. Can you tell me why you are shutting out programming that I am paying a hefty premium to watch? And can you tell when and how I can go about getting these programs restored? Armen Z

Last edited:
Re: I emailed FSNE and here is the reply I got

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
I emailed FSNE and here is the reply I got:
Thanks, I got no response. You must have been nicer than me. I would suggest that they don't use that footage. Meanwhile I'm gonna check how much I pay monthly for this.

I received the same response.

I responded with an email that I said I would contact Directv today to cancel my Fox Sports Package since they were unable to continue to provide the same programming that I was able to receive for years.

Lets make sure we are all letting Fox & Directv hear about this.

As a transplanted New Englander living in Northern VA, this has been a slice of home that I have enjoyed ( even if Felger is pretty fey..)

Last night the 7.00pm NEST was blacked out but not the 10. Tonight the 6.30 wasn't blacked out so hopefully it's fixed. I don't understand how Tailgate and Felger ( i don't watch that show because of Borges, but it still applies) are blacked out and NEST isn't when they show footage as well. Now i don't want it blacked out too, just wondering. Still doesn't make sense why it's blacked out though as we are playing to see it--apparently the NFL needs more $$$$$:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes