New England Patriots News 6-23, AFC East Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots News 6-23, AFC East Notes

Steve Balestrieri

Brady was also #1 in NFL royalty cash as his NFL merchandise was the top seller across the league. Not bad for a soon-to-be 42-year old “dink and dunk” QB.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I think you make a good point, Steve, when you point out the silence coming out of Casserio and his agent. There is no question in my mind that if he we REALLY wanted out enough to make leaving a priority there would have been many more stories echoing the Volin tripe. Also I believe that if he wanted out THAT badly, Kraft would have let him go.....for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. No one wants a guy in a key position who doesn't want to be here.

So either one of 2 outcomes will happen. Either Nick went to Bill and said, fine, I'll give you the best 10 months I can give, but then I'm going to go to Houston. OR, sometime over the next 10 months the Pats will make a press release announcing a contract extension for Nick Casserio.

I'm thinking it will be the latter. Between keeping his young family living where they always have lived, Bob Kraft's deep pockets, and BB being a very persuasive man. But as of today I only give it 60% chance of him staying. (a lot I think will depend if Josh is in it for the long term.)

As for Simms' ranking of Brady, I don't think its click bait. It's just some guy's opinion....and to is "credit' at least he's been pretty consistent (if wrong) for the last 5 seasons. ;) I for one NEVER get angry about any rating list, though I read them all. ;)

I think you make a good point, Steve, when you point out the silence coming out of Casserio and his agent. There is no question in my mind that if he we REALLY wanted out enough to make leaving a priority there would have been many more stories echoing the Volin tripe. Also I believe that if he wanted out THAT badly, Kraft would have let him go.....for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. No one wants a guy in a key position who doesn't want to be here.

So either one of 2 outcomes will happen. Either Nick went to Bill and said, fine, I'll give you the best 10 months I can give, but then I'm going to go to Houston. OR, sometime over the next 10 months the Pats will make a press release announcing a contract extension for Nick Casserio.

I'm thinking it will be the latter. Between keeping his young family living where they always have lived, Bob Kraft's deep pockets, and BB being a very persuasive man. But as of today I only give it 60% chance of him staying. (a lot I think will depend if Josh is in it for the long term.)

As for Simms' ranking of Brady, I don't think its click bait. It's just some guy's opinion....and to is "credit' at least he's been pretty consistent (if wrong) for the last 5 seasons. ;) I for one NEVER get angry about any rating list, though I read them all. ;)
I've been wondering that IF Caserio wants to be in Houston, WHY would he want to leave New England? To me, that's the big question. Would he have more power/autonomy/money in Houston? But the fact remains we don't know anything about what he really wants to do.

I've been wondering that IF Caserio wants to be in Houston, WHY would he want to leave New England? To me, that's the big question. Would he have more power/autonomy/money in Houston? But the fact remains we don't know anything about what he really wants to do.

Caserio has been in Belichick’s dog house ever since he got caught partying with Malcom Butler the night before SB52.

I think the big reason for the mass exodus last season was the "getting out while the getting good" syndrome.

For Casserio he has to look at the fact that Brady has a year or two left, Bill and Dante can't be far behind that, and then what. The team isn't exactly loaded with "young stars" The best pass rusher is 34. The top 2 S's are over 30. Even the best CB and top 5 player is 28. The best picks you've had in the last 20 years were 10 and 17. So going to the Texans who have a young talented QB, a boatload of "stars" on offense AND defense plus a fair amount of cap room next year would be a nice landing spot for Nick. So money and power aren't just the only factors in this equation.

I think the big reason for the mass exodus last season was the "getting out while the getting good" syndrome.

For Casserio he has to look at the fact that Brady has a year or two left, Bill and Dante can't be far behind that, and then what. The team isn't exactly loaded with "young stars" The best pass rusher is 34. The top 2 S's are over 30. Even the best CB and top 5 player is 28. The best picks you've had in the last 20 years were 10 and 17. So going to the Texans who have a young talented QB, a boatload of "stars" on offense AND defense plus a fair amount of cap room next year would be a nice landing spot for Nick. So money and power aren't just the only factors in this equation.
Good points. But I hope Caserio might see hanging on with New England a good challenge because of all that. Staying put and helping the team stay competitive post-BB/Brady would help him stand out as one of the league's better managers. That is, if Kraft decides to make it worth his while financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft