PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New book in works from an old friend: Drive for Five by Christopher Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to see Chris Price has been productive since being unceremoniously let go by EEI.

Amazon product ASIN 1250167051
Complete with player interviews, behind-the-scenes stories never told before, and content provided by several Patriots players themselves, Drive for Five provides a unique level of insight and access to the story behind the New England Patriots’ 2016 season.

Former Patriots linebacker Rosevelt Colvin once compared his old team to a soap opera, and that was never more the case than in 2016. The simple truth is that this was one of the most eventful seasons in an already eventful franchise history.

There was the midseason trade of dynamic playmaker Jamie Collins for going off-script, the loss of all-world tight end Rob Gronkowski to another season-ending injury, the witticisims of Martellus Bennett, and the injuries to backup QBs Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett.

But a remarkable run to the title – and the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history – ended up giving an emotional Brady his fifth Super Bowl ring and put the capper on a most memorable season.​

51anq8ToU4L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is not available until September.

Alright Chris. Congratulations. Wish they were releasing earlier but it'll be out with the start of the season.

We'll have to refresh this thread in about 4 months. Guess Chris will be making the rounds in the Fall: Ellen, Tonight Show, Live with Kelly.

We will see, have read every Pats book ever written.. picked up the Holley Book, "Brady and Belichick" and could not finish it as most of the stories he was telling already knew..

The book I want to read is the one about after a SB how the coaches get out there and evaluate players, then the actual draft then follow 3 draft picks to their first game... I want to know the details about what happens after the draft what happens, who arranges for their housing, how it all works, how they are accepted and how new players are integrated into the Patriots Culture..

Have to get a gif of Brady holding a six pack of Lombardi Trophies.... :cool:

Definitely going to get this.

We will see, have read every Pats book ever written.. picked up the Holley Book, "Brady and Belichick" and could not finish it as most of the stories he was telling already knew..

The book I want to read is the one about after a SB how the coaches get out there and evaluate players, then the actual draft then follow 3 draft picks to their first game... I want to know the details about what happens after the draft what happens, who arranges for their housing, how it all works, how they are accepted and how new players are integrated into the Patriots Culture..

Agree 100%. The attention to detail of the Patriots under BB is pretty much unprecedented in the history of team sports. That is not hyperbole. It is probably what separates them from the rest of the NFL more than anything else.

Yes, other NFL coaches would have won a SB or 2 with TB, but not to the same level of mind-boggling consistent excellence that BB has.

A few weeks after yet another astonishing SB, BB is personally conducting workouts with draft prospects at different colleges. Who else does that? Who else bothers with an udfa db who ran a slow(although bogus) 40 from a tiny school like West Alabama? And finds out he's actually among the fastest 40s of NFL cbs?(nearly identical to Gilmore's time).

Randy Moss? Everyone else said he was old slow and washed up. BB privately works him out,his 40 time makes him the fastest wr in the NFL(although takes a step longer to reach that speed), they keep it all under wraps and BOOM!

Mike Vrabel rotting on the bench in Pittsburgh, the list goes on and on. Besides working smarter than everyone else,BB still works harder than anyone else. And it filters through the entire organization,coaches,players,everyone.

We'll probably have to wait til BB retires to get the in-depth,behind-the-scenes details we want,but damn,that's worth waiting for.

Same for me. I had expected insight not a 10,000 foot view. Gave up reading when I became annoyed realizing that he was missing significant facts accessible to those reading Patsfans.
Thanks Ian, and to the many excellent posters here.

Same for me. I had expected insight not a 10,000 foot view. Gave up reading when I became annoyed realizing that he was missing significant facts accessible to those reading Patsfans.
Thanks Ian, and to the many excellent posters here.
Yup, still sitting on my kindle unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST