PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Special Teams Betray Patriots In Frustrating Loss to Vikings

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
That's on coaching. Patriots used to pride themselves on not being the "dumb" team. But week after week they shoot themselves in the foot.

But it's the bed Bill made. We let alot of talented coaches leave. And didn't replace them. We have no OC or DC and the lowest amount of coaches in the league.

Clearly our guys aren't getting coached up enough.

That's on coaching. Patriots used to pride themselves on not being the "dumb" team. But week after week they shoot themselves in the foot.

But it's the bed Bill made. We let alot of talented coaches leave. And didn't replace them. We have no OC or DC and the lowest amount of coaches in the league.

Clearly our guys aren't getting coached up enough.
I guess BB wants to keep a bigger share of the budget by bringing in coaches that are being paid by other teams.

I guess BB wants to keep a bigger share of the budget by bringing in coaches that are being paid by other teams.
That strategy doesn't prevent him from signing 2 or 3 more assistants, for example, a couple of OL coaches and a QB coach.

That strategy doesn't prevent him from signing 2 or 3 more assistants, for example, a couple of OL coaches and a QB coach.

I agree… So why didn’t he?

Another point that bears repeating: Mikey Palardy ****ing Sucks. Bill should’ve handed him his walking papers on the flight home… But be of course didn’t, nor will he in the future until our other horrible punter returns… Folk NEVER should’ve been handling KOs in the first place.

I agree… So why didn’t he?

Another point that bears repeating: Mikey Palardy ****ing Sucks. Bill should’ve handed him his walking papers on the flight home… But be of course didn’t, nor will he in the future until our other horrible punter returns… Folk NEVER should’ve been handling KOs in the first place.
Maybe it’s because they already have 17 coaches, plus Bill. Other teams have a few more, but I’m not sure the number of coaches is really the problem.

Its crazy that despite the d struggling and all the iffy penalties, we still would’ve beaten 9-2 Minnesota at their place with just average special teams.

Posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating in this one:

During the KO return for a Vikings' "TD", Jabrill Peppers was ****ing TACKLED, from BEHIND, just inside the Minnesota 30-yard-line, far more egregiously than the hold on Dugger a couple of yards ahead... I was shocked the first time I saw the replay earlier today on my DVR, because I hadn't noticed it from my seat at the bar on Thursday night...

If we had Any Other officiating (s)crew - with the possible exception of Jerry Booger's - the return would've been cancelled, and the ball spotted at the Minnesota 19-****ing yard-line.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back