PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Six Thoughts On the Patriots Loss to San Francisco - Playoffs Are Starting Early in Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Six Thoughts On the Patriots Loss to San Francisco - Playoffs Are Starting Early in Foxboro
Ian Logue
Coming off of Sunday's loss to the 49ers, the Patriots definitely have a lot of problem-solving to do if they hope to salvage their season. After a frustrating defeat, here are some thoughts after their 33-6 defeat to the 49ers at Gillette Stadium.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Great read Ian!

Your Winovich info.....

"Winovich ended up playing just 13 snaps on Sunday, down from playing 22 last Sunday against the Broncos."

.....reminded me of a picture I saw of Winovich standing next to a giant offensive tackle early in the season. Chase looked like an ant next to this behemoth and I wondered then how BB can expect this guy to be a 3 down player in the NFL.
Apparently, they don't.
At least not yet

"5) Chase Winovich ended up in the dog house on Sunday, which likely stemmed from a bad mental miscue that saw him in a verbal disagreement with Belichick on the sideline.

The play in question was a penalty by Winovich following Devin McCourty’s early interception, which saw the second-year player come over and put a hit on Garoppolo, who was completely out of the play.

Winovich went over and foolishly gave Garoppolo a good shove, knocking him to the ground and drawing both a flag from the officials and Belichick’s ire.

The two were seen going at it on the sideline, with Winovich waving his arms and trying to plead his case, while Belichick was visibly frustrated. The worst part was the fact that Winovich didn’t seem ready to just accept the error and spent more time than one might have expected seemingly trying to justify it..."

Wino didn't give Grop a shove, good or otherwise...Grop felt Wino behind him and as soon as Wino made any kind of contact with him he fell to the phony turf faster than even a soccer (i.e.: gutless; unmanly) player would fall...Bill's reaction was Way over the top, almost as bad as the one he had before SB 52...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back