PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Week 17 Report Card In 23-21 Win Over Miami

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
B- is a fair grade for the QB: an A for the first & last drives; the usual D for the rest of the game.

Hard to judge the RBs because their yards before contact is so poor due to the lousy/inconsistent run blocking, though they didn’t help themselves sometimes by not adjusting when the alley wasn’t there.

Hat’s off to Double-H for pulling yeoman’s duty without JonNo Smith; he should still be a better blocker at his size, but at least he appears to be trying…

Nelson Agholor sucks; absolutely ****ing Sucks. Great signing there Billy, you ****ing idiot.

Also agree with the D for the OL: Not one of our guys - Not ****ing One of them - should be starting on a team that’s considered a legit contender, Andrews & Onwenu included.

Still think Miami gave up the run too early, especially on the types that usually give the DL problems, though I did love that all-heavy sack by Davis, Barmore & Wise.

Agree with the grade for the LBs (incl. Judon & Uche)… I had hoped for a 4-sack game, especially after the Pats had taken the lead for good… Jalopy still shouldn’t be playing ahead of McMillan or Wilson however.

Also agree with the grade for the DBs, who I thought would be a disaster, though I also expected - and saw a lot of - all 4 Safeties in coverage…Jonathan Jones did another nice job on the maggot Hill, and Gesicki was a non-factor… Not having Tagliavola at QB was HUGE, because Teddy Ballgame wasn’t very good even before his hand injury; and the other dude just plain sucked.

Speaking of sucking… I also agree with your grade for the Special Olympics teams… Where THE **** is the competition for another Punter, Billy you lazy ****? Neither Folk’s nor the non-NFL player Palardy’s problems can be blamed on the new Long Snapper either. It also goes without saying, but: Fire Cant Assford.

We might need to consider issuing separate grades for offensive & defensive coaching, that’s how disparate they are: for every A-/B+ the defense earns, the offense “earns” a D+/C-.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back