PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Week 15 Report Card In 30-24 Loss To Las Vegas

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The second timeout on the goal line was called because Mac waved off the FG unit that was coming onto the field on 4th down. The false start was called on the play they eventually ran (the QB sneak) which lead to the chip shot FG.

Great article. I agree with every word, even if Jabril Peppers isn’t mentioned by name for his role in the blocked punt. The fact he was not mentally prepared and focused in that play caused the block.

Isn’t this the case?

Great article. I agree with every word, even if Jabril Peppers isn’t mentioned by name for his role in the blocked punt. The fact he was not mentally prepared and focused in that play caused the block.

Isn’t this the case?
The reason the punt was blocked we because the refs didn't reset the play clock like they were supposed to. Cardona saw 4 second left (or thereabouts) and hiked it without everyone being set. I don't know how Peppers, who saw the extra time go on the play clock was supposed to be prepared for a snap that a least half the punt unit wasn't set for. They should have used a timeout (I think they had one left) but the unit was told to take as much time off the clock as possible before punting.

That's just bad execution. Not bad coaching (and believe me, I'm not Achord fan).

I'd give the RBs at least a B+ overall... I think you might be holding one decision by one of them, which has actually nothing to do with running itself, too strongly against the whole group.

Is it more the WRs & TEs, or is it the QB, the play design, or the protection? A real chicken-sh!t vs egg farts battle we have going here...

I'd give the defensive secondary a C... It seemed that once 4th/10 happened, their entire world collapsed...

If it weren't for Saint Nick of Time Folk, the Special Olympics teams grade would be yet another F, as in F uck Cant Assford.

Nothing more to say about the coaching that wasn't already written here.

Go Bengals!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back