PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, LB Zaven Collins, Tulsa

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots 2021 Draft Profile, LB Zaven Collins, Tulsa
Steve Balestrieri
Collins is an enormous linebacker who measures at 6’4, 260 pounds, and has excellent sideline-to-sideline speed. He’s a prototypical Bill Belichick linebacker

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I'm ok with keeping Cam and just putting every resource towards the defense.......every cap dollar, every draft pick (except for maybe some OLs) on defense

turn the defense into a bag of hammers that preys on offensive players.........

Collins would be a great pickup for us, after a trade down. He pops on tape no matter what tape you put in.

he m, Monty rice of Georgia and Cox of lsu would be instant upgrades to our woefully talent deprived linebacker meeting room,

I'm ok with keeping Cam and just putting every resource towards the defense.......every cap dollar, every draft pick (except for maybe some OLs) on defense

turn the defense into a bag of hammers that preys on offensive players.........
Has it been determined if Cam’s shoulder prevents him from being an adequate nfl thrower? Lots of speculation.

Is there an injury there that surgery can address?

Has it been determined if Cam’s shoulder prevents him from being an adequate nfl thrower? Lots of speculation.

Is there an injury there that surgery can address?

if he can't throw the ball we would have to find someone else......Trubisky would be cheap

Collins & Cox would be really great pick ups for the team. Just don’t see it happening unless we trade down. Which I’m not too sure if I want to see that at this point either. If I’m being honest though, nearly every mock draft I’ve done has involved me trading down....a lot! :rofl: Then again, I’m a chicken **** when it comes to that fake, online, no impact on the real world type stuff.

Collins is the kind of player that I think Bill was hoping he'd find with Anfernee Jennings: a passing-down DE with the athleticism to produce as an off-the-LOS 'backer on running/early downs, as either a run-n-chase defender or in coverage vs either TEs or RBs...Collins is a far, Far, FAR superior prospect than Jennings however, and if Bill is by some miracle no longer in the QB market, and especially if he executes a trade-down from #15, then this guy could be in the cross-hairs...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back