PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Week 8 Preview – Patriots at Los Angeles Chargers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Excluding turnovers, time of possession will be THE determining factor in this game... Pats MUST be able to effectively run the ball on 1st and 2nd downs... 3rd-and-longs, and the unleashing of Bosa, will spell d-o-o-m... Reverses, screens, sweeps, and the occasional flea-flicker ALL must become a Permanent fixture in the weekly playbook.

Naturally, settling for FGs vs Justin Herbert's weapons is NOT an option... 4th-down risks will have to be taken, period.

On defense, having a lighter box and a deeper backfield is the way to go vs the LAC offense, with the hope that the lighter box won't become a complete sieve vs Ekeler et al... Otherwise, Herbert will absolutely destroy this horrible, Horrible secondary.

Regarding your leftovers:

"It is looking like I was dead wrong about Christian Barmore. The Alabama rookie has been a force along the D- line. I was critical of the trade-up in the draft because I saw him as being lazy..."
- I still would not have traded two of our 4th-rounders just to move up a mere 8 spots for him, because I felt there was a good chance that he would still be available at #46; and if he weren't, then it's not like a 3-Tech was our highest priority at #46 overall anyway.

- I though that Jake Johnson was having a very poor season until last week, with quite a few missed blocks (some of which had been blamed on other players)... Maybe he was hearing the foot-steps of Ben Mason...

"Can we finally dismiss the misnomer that the Patriots can’t draft 2nd round DB’s?"
- Why should we, because of what Uncle Dugg "accomplished" vs da Jete? Please... Both Antoine Winfield and Jeremy Chinn say yoo-hoo...

"Joejuan Williams was named to the PFF Team of the Week 7..."
- Whoever at PFF was responsible for that anal-ysis is a ****ing Moron. Period.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back