PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Reactions to Devante Parker’s 3-year Extension

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Reactions to Devante Parker’s 3-year Extension
Mark Morse
I am not a Devante Parker fan. My immediate knee-jerk reaction was that Bill Belichick had lost his mind. However, I am going to reserve judgment until Miguel Benzan (Patscap) tells us what the actual breakdown of the contract is.

The post MORSE: Reactions to Devante Parker’s 3-year Extension appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Parker of all people should now welcome a Hopkins signing... Seems that if he gets just a little cushion, Parker can still make things happen; and if Hopkins is here to draw the opponent's best CB or be double-teamed, then Parker might just be given that extra cushion he needs... Win-win.

Parker of all people should now welcome a Hopkins signing... Seems that if he gets just a little cushion, Parker can still make things happen; and if Hopkins is here to draw the opponent's best CB or be double-teamed, then Parker might just be given that extra cushion he needs... Win-win.
Captain .. you got me surprised with this post. I thought you will pan this move. But pleasantly surprised with the alternate take ... Would be interested to see what happens if Nuk signs here...

Captain .. you got me surprised with this post. I thought you will pan this move. But pleasantly surprised with the alternate take ... Would be interested to see what happens if Nuk signs here...

If Hopkins doesn't sign here, then I will pan this move, because it would make no sense to re-work Parker otherwise, not right now anyway.

If Hopkins doesn't sign here, then I will pan this move, because it would make no sense to re-work Parker otherwise, not right now anyway.

I think the move is in anticipation of signing Hopkins too, but if it is a bargain contract there is no harm in signing it now. Parker is OK, and better than a lot of guys we had in the past.

"This appears on the surface to be a way to calm down Parkers’ hurt feelings over the potential signing of DeAndre Hopkins." Oh boy.
That's a ridiculous statement. You don't shell out 33 million dollars to soothe hurt feelings. THey paid him because he played well down the stretch last year, and has been a really good vet WR for a lot of years.

Depending on the contract structure, this seems like a really solid signing. Parker got burned on a couple of bad throws and non-calls last year. He's a competitor, makes no excuses and fights hard for the ball. He's a really good WR2, and is being paid like one.

Maybe he ramps it up a notch this year with an actual OC. He can beat the Stephens/Marlowe type guys but has a tougher time with stud CBs like Howard. His route running is better than advertised.

Not seeing Dhop here, but I hope I’m wrong. He’s right when he says he makes the whole room better.

The problem with Parker is availability, he shows flashes of being a really good and productive WR, but gets dinged up and sits too often.

The Details of Parker's Contract:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back