PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Roster Analysis Part 8 – Defensive Backs

More undeserved Uncle Dugg love...Antoine Winfield Jr & Jeremy Chinn say hello, again...

Jalen Mills: way, Way over-paid for what he does...

Mike Jackson: more backup-caliber FS than backup-caliber CB...

Ross, Virgin, Bedsore & Colbert ALL ****ing suck and don't belong here, even as mere TC blocking dummies...

SloJuan Williams: an All-Time Billy Notgoat/Little Nicky Caesar ****-Up...As former president Carter would say, a disgrace to the human race.

More undeserved Uncle Dugg love...Antoine Winfield Jr & Jeremy Chinn say hello, again...
It’s hard for many to admit he was awful in coverage and it’s not like he was taking on teams best threats or covering a large area. He had just about zero impact plays. He was decent in run support, but that’s about it. Many on this board really overrate the guy. The diapers need to come off and I expect a big 2nd year leap from him.
Jalen Mills: way, Way over-paid for what he does...
Bizarre signing. He was the scapegoat for the Eagles struggles.
SloJuan Williams: an All-Time Billy Notgoat/Little Nicky Caesar ****-Up...As former president Carter would say, a disgrace to the human race.
There was absolutely no need to take him with such pressing needs at WR and TE.

Picks such as Harry, Williams and Dugger is what prompted Kraft to call out Bill to switch things up. The draft selections in 2021 were like night and day. They could still be busts, but not many people are arguing the picks like we have in the past.

It’s hard for many to admit he was awful in coverage and it’s not like he was taking on teams best threats or covering a large area. He had just about zero impact plays. He was decent in run support, but that’s about it. Many on this board really overrate the guy. The diapers need to come off and I expect a big 2nd year leap from him.

Bizarre signing. He was the scapegoat for the Eagles struggles.

There was absolutely no need to take him with such pressing needs at WR and TE.

Picks such as Harry, Williams and Dugger is what prompted Kraft to call out Bill to switch things up. The draft selections in 2021 were like night and day. They could still be busts, but not many people are arguing the picks like we have in the past.
It is a silly idea to believe that we would be better of having drafted a TE with the Dugger pick, and then signed a free agent safety instead of one of the TE's.

It is a silly idea to believe that we would be better of having drafted a TE with the Dugger pick, and then signed a free agent safety instead of one of the TE's.

?

That particular line was referring to the SloJuan Williams pick.

I referring to the ridiculous Williams pick.

Regarding signing a FA S, they signed Phillips before drafting Dugger who had a solid season in 2020 and picked up where he left off today. Dugger has his work cut out for him.

I referring to the ridiculous Williams pick.

Regarding signing a FA S, they signed Phillips before drafting Dugger who had a solid season in 2020 and picked up where he left off today. Dugger has his work cut out for him.
Picks such as Harry, Williams and Dugger is what prompted Kraft to call out Bill to switch things up.
=============
I apologize for misunderstanding the above comment. I didn't understand that your issue was with the Williams pick and not with the picks of Harry and Dugger.
=============
You say that Dugger has his work cut out for him? In what way? He's not likely to start in 2021. To be clear, I don't want him to start in 2021. His 2020 role is fine. Of course, I would like him to improve and perhaps be even more valuable this year, and compete for a starting job in 2022. But, for me, I'm fine with re-signing Phillips.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back