PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Mac Jones played Pretty Well Sunday vs Jets

I'm glad people are finally seeing what I saw live. Better late than never.

This is a performance that will age beautifully, and one that we will look back at as a kickstarter to a SB run.

I'm glad people are finally seeing what I saw live. Better late than never.

This is a performance that will age beautifully, and one that we will look back at as a kickstarter to a SB run.
Mac and the team will be smoking Cubans in Phoenix this February 12th.

And, you, me and the future Mrs XBOX will be there to see it.

A lot of people are getting stuck on the interception that wasn't and it might not have been his error.
I think a lot of people would be more charitable about that play if it didn't happen within the context of a 3 TD-7 INT start to the season.

Garbage, NOWHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH.
Everyone knows it's not good enough, including Mac. That's what he said after the Jete game if you watched the press conference.

The thing is, clearly the coaching staff is going to keep playing Mac all season long barring more injuries, they want/need to figure out if he can/will improve, or if they need to move on.

They are looking years down the road, not just at the next game.

It'd be a good time to try being a bit patient, IMO.

"Pretty well" ... jeez. Really?

24/35, 194 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Honest question: If Zappe had turned in an identical performance, would he be described as having played "pretty well"? I can't possibly imagine so. The seemingly deliberate/coordinated narrative being pushed by local media (Lazar, Curran, Perry, Bedard, etc) pumping up Jones - while dismissing Zappe - is as bizarre as it is inaccurate.

Jones demonstrated mental and physical toughness, he converted a few key plays (a handful of 3rd downs and the 4th down to Meyers). He did not quarterback a good game overall. Even with the plays he converted, the sloppy fundamentals and consistent issues we've seen with pocket mobility, field vision, decision making, mechanics, etc, still came out regularly.

The Patriots had countless short fields in the 2nd half (due to turnovers and special teams); they scored one single TD the entire game despite that.

If people find Jones likeable and are rooting for his success, that's fair. If they feel the past month has been hard on him and want to rally support behind him, that's fair. Cherry-picking plays and bending over backwards to describe the game he quarterbacked last weekend as anything close to good/acceptable/adequate is a tough one to wrap my mind around.

Last edited:

"Pretty well" ... jeez. Really?

24/35, 194 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Honest question: If Zappe had turned in an identical performance, would he be described as having played "pretty well"? I can't possibly imagine so. The seemingly deliberate/coordinated narrative being pushed by local media (Lazar, Curran, Perry, Bedard, etc) pumping up Jones - while dismissing Zappe - is as bizarre as it is inaccurate.

Jones demonstrated mental and physical toughness, he converted a few key plays (a handful of 3rd downs and the 4th down to Meyers). He did not quarterback a good game overall. Even with the plays he converted, the sloppy fundamentals and consistent issues we've seen with pocket mobility, field vision, decision making, mechanics, etc, still came out regularly.

The Patriots had countless short fields in the 2nd half (due to turnovers and special teams); they scored one single TD the entire game despite that.

If people find Jones likeable and are rooting for his success, that's fair. If they feel the past month has been hard on him and want to rally support behind him, that's fair. Cherry-picking plays and bending over backwards to describe the game he quarterbacked last weekend as anything close to good/acceptable/adequate is a tough one to wrap my mind around.
The sphincter clenching anger displayed here is off the charts.

Unclench, my friend. Unclench and let that thing loose. You'll live a longer life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garbage, NOWHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUG
He is in his 2nd season in a new Offense. Would I love to see perfect games Absolutely. But I am a realist.
Brady in his 2nd season after 8 games had 8 TD's and 7 INT's. And Charlie Weiss was the OC for all of Brady's first 4 years.
Not comparing him to Brady, just that it takes time to develop. Just be a little patient and give him a chance to learn

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back