PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Jim McMahon Fires Off Another Shot at Belichick, Reveals He Assaulted Mike Lombardi

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Jim McMahon Fires Off Another Shot at Belichick, Reveals He Assaulted Mike Lombardi
Ian Logue
JIm McMahon recalled a previous incident where Bill Belichick cut him in training camp prior to the start of the 1995 season, which later led to McMahon beating up Mike Lombardi.

The post Jim McMahon Fires Off Another Shot at Belichick, Reveals He Assaulted Mike Lombardi appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Not sure why he'd think its a good idea to reveal that he assaulted a staff member no matter if it was the GM or any low level dude.

It doesn't really matter what triggered it or whether he was in the right or not.

Not sure why he'd think its a good idea to reveal that he assaulted a staff member no matter if it was the GM or any low level dude.

It doesn't really matter what triggered it or whether he was in the right or not.
Probably because he has dementia and doesn't realize what he's saying.

McMahon's always been a d!ck - and now he has an illegitimate son in the league, Zach McWilson - but that hit he took from Charles Martin was Unconscionable... Always reminded me of the Joe Turkey Jones hit on Bradshaw...

Last edited:
I think ole' Jim McMahon has taken one too many shots to the noggin'....

I think...I think this...Jim after his interview with him and his wife from 3 or 4 years ago about his memory issues and how he knows he has CTE. Says he forgets why he walks into rooms etc..yet the media acts as if that never happened and he suddenly has great recall from 1995. Without questioning it.

Why would any news outlet publish an article they ran 6 years ago?? It has no value, BB has always done what he has thought is best for this team or any team he has been involved with.

After 25 years he still has a sore butt over this move???

Makes no sense, unless the anti BB sentiment is just more "click bait" for those who need to follow along.. or maybe McMahon's headband was on too tight..

Pats beat the **** out of him in 86 or 87. Home game. Flutie was starting for the Pats I think. Knocked his *** out of the game I think. Bit of revenge for the SB. F him!

He rode the probably the most dominant Defense ever, handed the ball off to Walter Payton and acted like he was some sort of super star. He threw for 2300 yards and 15 TDs in their Super Bowl season. He got a SB ring for being the team mascot, big mouth jack ass. Eason would have had better numbers than him with the Bears that year. lol

Pats beat the **** out of him in 86 or 87. Home game. Flutie was starting for the Pats I think. Knocked his *** out of the game I think. Bit of revenge for the SB. F him!
I was at that revenge game. Back then I could show up in the parking lot pre-game and buy excellent seats at face or less. 1st play of the game Flutie tosses an 85 yd TD to Irving Fryar. The rout was on.

I was at that revenge game. Back then I could show up in the parking lot pre-game and buy excellent seats at face or less. 1st play of the game Flutie tosses an 85 yd TD to Irving Fryar. The rout was on.
Was Mcmahon actually hurt or did he just hide? I still have that one on VHS somewhere, always nice to watch a game when everything goes your way.

thought i was the only one old enough to remember that game. eff mcmahon and eff the bears for foisting that dumbass superbowl shuffle on everyone. espn played it so much, they must have thought it was on the billboard top 100. it was nauseating. it was right around then i realized the anti boston/ pro ny sentiment there and cut the cord. except for live games haven't watched espn since.

Last edited:
thought i was the only one old enough to remember that game. eff mcmahon and eff the bears for foisting that dumbass superbowl shuffle on everyone. espn played it some much, they must have thought it was on the billboard top 100. it was nauseating. it was right around then i realized the anti boston/ pro ny sentiment there and cut the cord. except for live games haven't watched espn since.
Old enough to remember THAT game? It was in the late 1980s. I was at games in the early 60s.

Old enough to remember THAT game? It was in the late 1980s. I was at games in the early 60s.

nice...yeah , thought i was a rare(old) species around here. great to see another geezer like myself. never got to a game until shaefer stadium but my favorite players before that were jim nance, houston antwine and jim earthquake hunt.

edit: i also liked garron but he was more of a smooth runner but nance was a bruiser.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back