PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: ICYMI VIDEO: Kyle Van Noy Shares Story About His First Meeting With Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
ICYMI VIDEO: Kyle Van Noy Shares Story About His First Meeting With Bill Belichick

Robert Alvarez

Kyle Van Noy shares story of his first interaction with Bill Belichick following his trade to the Patriots from the Detroit Lions.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

...and he knows when to let them go.

A 6th and 7th for a starting linebacker seems like a pretty good deal.

Such a great fit here. I've been looking back at some players over the years and we'll remember KVN. Great fit after a not so hot start. Made a lot of big time plays here from different spots on the field. Along the los, off the ball/coverage. He was lucky he ended up here. Utilized right for skills to be on display outside of Detroit.

I will guarantee you guys that he will not be missed.

Do they get a 3rd comp pick for him next year? If so, that was a great return.

I will guarantee you guys that he will not be missed.

Do they get a 3rd comp pick for him next year? If so, that was a great return.
Bill has had a knack for picking and coaching up great LB's so who knows but KVN was $ when he was here. Against the run, blitz, rushing the QB, coverage ... We'll replace him but at the same level? Maybe. HT is a beast and I really like what Bentley had shown us so far. I've been impressed with the small sample size.

Bill has had a knack for picking and coaching up great LB's so who knows but KVN was $ when he was here. Against the run, blitz, rushing the QB, coverage ... We'll replace him but at the same level? Maybe. HT is a beast and I really like what Bentley had shown us so far. I've been impressed with the small sample size.

I always thought bb was best when dealing with defensive backs and To a lesser extent defensive linemen, but not so much with linebackers.

Parcels was and always will be in my book, the master of finding, developing, coaching up and creating the best linebackers.

Who?

Oh, you mean some former Patriot LB who made a business decision to sand-bag his final regular-season game here just to make his future/now current HC look good? And who was also caught on camera practically french-kissing that same coach and whispering sweet nothings in his ear after the dynasty-ending loss? That guy?

F him and his new team...players & coaches alike...

Reminds me of Ninkovich who for years here was called Stinkovich

Belichick has a good track record picking up linebackers who underperformed elsewhere and turning them into stars. Before KVN there was Nink. Before Nink there was a scrub from the Steelers named Vrabel. There’s a pattern...

A 6th and 7th for a starting linebacker seems like a pretty good deal.
It was better than that,

The 2017 seventh rounder was from Detroit so it was a minor trade-down of 24 spots in the draft:

Oct 25, 2016: Lions traded Kyle Van Noy and 2017 7th round pick (239th overall subsequently traded, Noah Brown) to Patriots for 2017 6th round pick (215th overall, Brad Kaaya)

2017 NFL Draft Listing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I really liked Van Noy coming out of college and was hoping they would draft him. Didn’t draft him but they did get some real value out of him later on.

Yeah he was pretty bad for a few years until it all clicked.
I remember when Nink first signed with the Pats, and was viewed as a long shot to make the roster, on the bubble and more likely on the outside looking in. I attended the preseason game at FedEx Field that year and Nink caught my attention on two plays where he never stopped pursuing, sideline to sideline on one and thirty of forty yards downfield on the other. High motor, constant effort. After seeing that I wasn’t surprised to see him make the roster and break out the way he did. And looking back at his stats he played in 15 games his first season with the Patriots, so I think it’s an exaggeration to say he was pretty bad. If he was pretty bad BB wouldn’t have put him on the field that much.

It was better than that,

The 2017 seventh rounder was from Detroit so it was a minor trade-down of 24 spots in the draft:

Oct 25, 2016: Lions traded Kyle Van Noy and 2017 7th round pick (239th overall subsequently traded, Noah Brown) to Patriots for 2017 6th round pick (215th overall, Brad Kaaya)

2017 NFL Draft Listing | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Pats move down 24 draft spots and in return get KVN. I think Bill just aced his economics exam.

also think we can see why the Lions are where they are and the Pats are where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back