PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Annoyances PRESEASON GAME 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBledsoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Random annoyances:

1) Jimmy G. Jimmy G? Jimmy G. Jimmy G. Jimmy G.

Either he's Jimmy or he's Garoppolo. Jimmy G. just sounds awful.

2) Great, more ads. Specifically, the additional scoreboard ad and the down and distance ad. I noticed some teams doing this in their preseason broadcast last year. Finally crept to the Patriots' broadcasts. Yeesh.

3) Connecticut specific (probably?) but this was listed as NFL Network's game. And we are watching it on Channel 8. Finding it was a pain in the arse.

is this just pre 1 or can we include nfl making a federal case out of absolutely nothing?

Juuuuuuuuuuuust this game:) We got enough on the other annoyance!

3) Connecticut specific (probably?) but this was listed as NFL Network's game. And we are watching it on Channel 8. Finding it was a pain in the arse.

Not CT specific.

WBZ (CBS/4 - Boston)
WNAC (My/64.2 - Providence)
WTNH (ABC/8 - New Haven CT)
WWLP (NBC/22 - Springfield MA)
WMUR (ABC/9 - Manchester NH)
WMTW (ABC/8 - Portland ME)
WFVX (FOX/22 - Bangor ME)
WCAX (CBS/3 - Burlington VT)
KFVE (My/9 - Honolulu)

Those markets show all Patriots preseason games so while it was on the NFL Network for the rest of the country in those markets it was blackedout because local channels were already showing it.

NFL Network even used the Patriots broadcast.

Ah, it wasn't listed anywhere I could find.

On NFLN it sounded like they were filtering the crowd sounds through a tin can.

Was it the Patriots network or the Packers that NFL Network was broadcasting?

EDIT: Sorry, JMC, didn't see your post!

And yes, I have an ad...for me:p

Bro, you have an ad in your sig.

ToMjGpyiH4JygOVurOo.gif

The NYJFN carried the Pats' feed, so here's a couple of more:

Dan Roche & especially Fauria are terrible, though at least not Don Creaky/Randy Cross terrible.

Matt Chatham was good as usual, except when he was talking at that ugly, insulting new end zone section.

Perillo & Hart were OK, but Roche didn't help the transition from the field to the "Bob's Big Boy Auto Parts Whatever" studio. I get that Bob paid for the sponsorship, but did Roche have to say the whole damn phrase every single time he both introduced and departed from that segment?

Roche have to say the whole damn phrase every single time he both introduced and departed from that segment?
Yes. That is what Bob paid for. We all know the preseason team sucks. But at least it's not Cross and Criqui.

Jimmy G sounds like the name of one of the two Italians from Providence that DiCaprio beat up in "The Departed".

I say JimmyG because I haven't yet bothered to memorize how to spell his name and I'm too protective of my internet clout to want to make a spelling mistake.

I say JimmyG because I haven't yet bothered to memorize how to spell his name and I'm too protective of my internet clout to want to make a spelling mistake.

1 r, 2 p's

Garoppolo.

I kind of like Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey