PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never Thought I'd Love Another Pats Team as Much as '03-'04

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my thoughts...

The '03-'04 team that won back-2-back championships and 21 straight games has always been my favorite team. That team showed so much heart and mental toughness. Guys like Bruschi, Harrison, McGinest, Seymour, Brown, Vrabel, Law, Givens, Branch, Light, Phifer....there was so much leadership on that team.

Over the years, all the Pats teams have been sort of lumped together as if its been one team, but the reality is that by 2006, that team was long gone. Sure there were a few players who remained but the reality in today's NFL is that rosters change dramatically from year to year. If you're lucky, you can keep a core group together for 3 or 4 years...that's it.

The 2016 team is comprised of a completely different cast of champions. They haven't won five Super Bowls, but they do have an opportunity next season to match our former gladiators in winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. I love how these guys compete. As I posted on my facebook when we were down 28-3...."I don't know if we'll be able to come all the way back but I can promise you this team will not lie down and quit. They've got too much fight to go down like that. They'll battle until the end and win or lose, they'll make a game of this thing".

I think those sentiments were shared by many Patriots fans. We've got a special group here. We're truly blessed sports fans. This team isn't done and has proven themselves worthy of the same love and affection our earlier generation of champions earned.

Kudos to the 2016 Super Bowl Champions! 2 SB's in 3 years and still fighting for more!!!

Feel the magic...Be the magic! Legendary status awaits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News