PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Solder & family off the playing field

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to stop reading 1/2 way. :(

God bless the child.

This breaks my heart....

We have children I can't even comprehend the sheer fear, sadness - and bravery this family endures on a daily basis.

I have three. The third has had three heart surgeries before the age of 4... I can’t imagine how difficult the Solders have it, but I can empathize. Sometimes, you go on autopilot.

I have three. The third has had three heart surgeries before the age of 4... I can’t imagine how difficult the Solders have it, but I can empathize. Sometimes, you go on autopilot.

Ugh...

We have 3 as well. We are beyond fortunate.

I glanced at this super quick as my page was loading and thought I read, "Solder Carted Off the Field." Whew! I got that sinking feeling real quick . . . :eek::oops:

Poor little dude.

The Patriots’ Nate Solder and Son Tackle Cancer

"Hudson’s type of kidney cancer, with multiple tumors in both kidneys, is extremely rare. His oncologist, Dr. Elizabeth Mullen, who specializes in pediatric kidney tumors, says there are only about 25 diagnoses per year in America. And Hudson is in even a smaller bucket than that 25, because he has several lesions in his kidneys that might not be tumors at all, but a hyperproliferation of normal kidney cells that could turn into tumors, called nephroblastomatosis. Mullen says doctors still have no perfect method to distinguish between tumors and nephroblastomatosis.

Hudson’s future treatment plan is largely unknown since there are so few examples to base it upon. “It’s not like breast cancer or adult cancer, where you have thousands and thousands of patients and you have big studies where you can randomize people,” Mullen says. “These are tiny numbers of kids. It’s very challenging for me as a provider and for the family because it is always much easier to have a clear diagnosis and a clear plan. I have spent as much time talking to the Solders about what we don’t know as about we what we do.”"

I stopped reading these fully because they're so sad and emotional... but at the same time there is a lot to admire and be learned from the Solder family in all of this

I just really hope that little boy beats this and gets to experience a long life..... (and perhaps play football for the Pats one day!?)

I stopped reading these fully because they're so sad and emotional... but at the same time there is a lot to admire and be learned from the Solder family in all of this

I just really hope that little boy beats this and gets to experience a long life..... (and perhaps play football for the Pats one day!?)

That would be bordering on miraculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye