PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Patriots 7 round mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddylove

Rookie
Reaction score
Here we go: constructive criticism always welcome. I know the pats have signed some defensive backs lately but I truly believe they'll grab these two corners (Marshall and Hunter) to plan more for the future. Don't forget Asante is a free agent soon and Randall Gay injury prone, the pats always plan ahead.

1. Chad Greenaway LB Iowa

Because of team needs and depth at linebacker slides to #21. Can play inside or outside.

2. Richard Marshall CB Fresno State

Played for Bills buddy Pat Hill at Fresno State, in 3 years could be the best corner from this draft.

3A. Maurice Stovall WR Notre Dame

Knows the patriots offensive system, it'll be nice to see some size out there catching passes.

3B. Gerris Wilkinson LB Georgia Tech

Another versatile linebacker who just makes play.s

4A. Jerious Norwood RB Mississippi State

Strong, fast and can catch. Put up big numbers in the best conference in college football.

4B. Darrell Hunter CB Miami (oh)

Good ballhawking corner who can also return kicks.

5. Cooper Wallace TE Auburn

A great blocker who also has good hands, won't be confused with Ben Watson when it comes to speed.

6A. Chris Gocong OLB Cal Poly

Played DE in college but will play standing up. Has enough athletic ability to move to OLB- reminds me of Tully Banta Cain

6B. Adam jennings WR/KR Fresno State

Another pat hill guy, ladies and gents- this is the new and improved version of Bethel Johnson

6C. Jon Scifres K Missouri State

Best overall kicker when it comes to kickoffs and field goals.

7. Paul Pingear QB Fresno State

Great leader with good accuracy but doesn't have the stronest of arms. Another in the fresno to new england pipeline.

That's a dream draft right there, no doubt! If they could pull that off we'll all be jumping for joy. :rocker:

This would be a fantastic haul, but I really don't see all of these players (especially Stovall and Marshall) just falling to us. Other than that, great draft.

Good draft. Only suggestion is that we do need a backup NT for Big Vince and that was not addressed. There are several players in this draft that could fill this role.

7 round mock draft

Round 1 LB-Demeco Ryans/Alabama Round 2 CB-Richard Marshall/FresnoST Round 3 WR- Maurice Stovall/NotreDame Round 3B DE-Ray Edwards/Purdue Round 4 OLB- kEITH Ellison/OregonSt Round 4B RB-Jerome Harrison/WashingtonSt Round 5- Trade pick for 2007 draft Round 6-Trade pick for 2007 draft Round 6B- S-Brian Iwuh/Colorado Round 6C- Josh Huston-K- OhioSt Round 7-WR-adam Jennings/FresnoST

Jerome Washington does not have the size BB covets at RB, but who can argue with 2,000 yards??? He's got excellent vision.

Buddylove said:
Here we go: constructive criticism always welcome. I know the pats have signed some defensive backs lately but I truly believe they'll grab these two corners (Marshall and Hunter) to plan more for the future. Don't forget Asante is a free agent soon and Randall Gay injury prone, the pats always plan ahead.

1. Chad Greenaway LB Iowa

Because of team needs and depth at linebacker slides to #21. Can play inside or outside.

2. Richard Marshall CB Fresno State

Played for Bills buddy Pat Hill at Fresno State, in 3 years could be the best corner from this draft.

3A. Maurice Stovall WR Notre Dame

Knows the patriots offensive system, it'll be nice to see some size out there catching passes.

3B. Gerris Wilkinson LB Georgia Tech

Another versatile linebacker who just makes play.s

4A. Jerious Norwood RB Mississippi State

Strong, fast and can catch. Put up big numbers in the best conference in college football.

4B. Darrell Hunter CB Miami (oh)

Good ballhawking corner who can also return kicks.

5. Cooper Wallace TE Auburn

A great blocker who also has good hands, won't be confused with Ben Watson when it comes to speed.

6A. Chris Gocong OLB Cal Poly

Played DE in college but will play standing up. Has enough athletic ability to move to OLB- reminds me of Tully Banta Cain

6B. Adam jennings WR/KR Fresno State

Another pat hill guy, ladies and gents- this is the new and improved version of Bethel Johnson

6C. Jon Scifres K Missouri State

Best overall kicker when it comes to kickoffs and field goals.

7. Paul Pingear QB Fresno State

Great leader with good accuracy but doesn't have the stronest of arms. Another in the fresno to new england pipeline.

OK -
People need to stop putting so much emphasis on guys that have played for BB affiliated coaches. There were some that played AGAINST BB affiliated coaches that BB has drafted as well.

Now, about the rest of your draft:
1) The knock on Greenway is that he doesn't tackle well. Not what the Patriots look for in a LB
2) Marshall is a good pick, but not a priority.
3) Wilkinson is the prototypical MLB, not an ILB. There is a difference. And Wilkinson being only 233 makes him too small for the Pats ILB position by a good 20 lbs.
4A) Norwood is over-rated. Didn't do much at the Senior Bowl and the scouting on his route-tunning and hands directly contradicts your evaluation. Also, I don't know how strong he is, but the scouting knocks him for his inability to break tackles and the idea that he gets tripped up too easily because of a lack of lower body strength.
4B) You took Marshall and the Pats already have 6 legit CBs. Why take another one? Wasted pick in my honest opinion.
5) I think Wallace is a stretch so early. He's rated as a 7-UDFA.
6A) I don't think Gocong is going to last this long.
6B) For a KR/PR, I would look at RB Andre Hall this late.
6C) Scifres isn't the best K overall. Not sure where you got that info, but Scifres has problems with kicks beyond 40 yards. Granted, having 31 of 55 kick-offs end up as touchbacks is good, but I am curious as to what the average length of his kicks are. Scifres leg isn't as strong as Huston's or Gostkowski.
7) I like the Pinegar pick.

What are the chances that Bethel works his way out of the BB doghouse this offseason. The motivation could be there now that Givens has left the nest???? Does anybody out there think Bethel could be part a significant contributor to the Pats this year?????

Ochmed Jones said:
What are the chances that Bethel works his way out of the BB doghouse this offseason. The motivation could be there now that Givens has left the nest???? Does anybody out there think Bethel could be part a significant contributor to the Pats this year?????
AJ, but he's masochistic anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back