PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My new 1st round mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a very unrealistic mock draft. hughes was awful at the combine. landry lit it up at the combine and is top ten.

this is a very unrealistic mock draft. hughes was awful at the combine. landry lit it up at the combine and is top ten.

As I stated, it is only March 4th, and at the time of working on it, I did not use the combines, but I will use them for the next mock. In other words, I will keep updating this mock at least once a week, until the real draft comes and goes.

Though the combine is important, I don't think it's gospel. Timed speed is different than football speed, Hughes is a fine football player, and I'd be happy to have him. Landry has been rated higher than Hughes for quite some time, so he should be gone in the top 15. Now, if Dwayne Jarrett has a bad Pro Day, and falls to 24, I'd scoop him up in a heartbeat, even if we wind up with Welker.

IMHO, if Willis is that close, the Pats will move up and grab him. Their Day 2 picks are worthless to them as there are not that many openings on the 53 this year.

I also am one to think the Pats will trade down at the #28 and pick up a mid round 2nd and 3rd pick. Better value doing it this way.

Many of the names mentioned by posters have red flags ringing of B-U-S-T. Everyone of them are off my list as draftable players.

Dameone is way too slow. He's marginally sized for a Safety conversion too. A 6th, 7th rounder or UDFA athletically...

Jarrett looks like Mike Williams or David Terrell; big and slow, who needs to gather speed, not sudden at all ...

McCauley has all the attributes of a BUST. Pat Hill benched him. He has never wanted contact. I saw an interview with him at the combine; sounded like Bethel "Its everyone else's fault..." Fortunately, Belichick's famous quote protects us from him: "...Don't give me a defensive guy who can't tackle. What would I do with him?..." That quote seems to be tailor made to describe McCauley.

Thanks Jack-
My thoughts.
Levi Brown- I don't personally love him, but think that w/ the need for tackles he'll be drafted higher.
LaRon Landry- I see him in the top-10
Quinn Pit****- I have a 3rd rd. grade on. He is also an acheiver, rather than a higher ceiling guy; the type the Bengals have preferred since Marvin got there.
In your defense- Steve Smith, Brandon Siler, Jason Blalock, David Harris & Jon Beason all have ratings by me in the 30-45 range. These are the types that could easily sneak into the 1st round based on an individual teams fit & grade.
Damieon Hughes- I wonder if there weren't lingering injury issues from the Senior Bowl @ the Combine. I have not written him off, as I would like to see how he does in his Pro Day & individual workouts. Right now, he does seem a reach in the 1st.

As I stated, it is only March 4th, and at the time of working on it, I did not use the combines, but I will use them for the next mock. In other words, I will keep updating this mock at least once a week, until the real draft comes and goes.

please spare us the trouble, or put it in the draft forum. it is pretty bad.

Many of the names mentioned by posters have red flags ringing of B-U-S-T. Everyone of them are off my list as draftable players.

Dameone is way too slow. He's marginally sized for a Safety conversion too. A 6th, 7th rounder or UDFA athletically...

Jarrett looks like Mike Williams or David Terrell; big and slow, who needs to gather speed, not sudden at all ...

McCauley has all the attributes of a BUST. Pat Hill benched him. He has never wanted contact. I saw an interview with him at the combine; sounded like Bethel "Its everyone else's fault..." Fortunately, Belichick's famous quote protects us from him: "...Don't give me a defensive guy who can't tackle. What would I do with him?..." That quote seems to be tailor made to describe McCauley.

I disagree on Jarrett, i think he will be a stud, a Plaxico Burress without the attitude. he will be a great weapon for someone, just like Burress, he may not be a burner, but somehow he still gets open deep, and has great hands. If he runs under 4.5 in his pro day, we won't even get a sniff of him, he'll go in the top 15. There are many, many receivers that I like in this draft, and one will wind up being the Marquez Colston of this draft, maybe Dallas Baker or someone like that. Don't need to spend a #1 on a receiver, but if there is some way we can get a Ginn or Jarrett, I wouldn't be against it, WR certainly is a weakness of ours, even if we get Welker.

Of course, it is only March 5th, so it will probably be totally different come draft day

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2. Detroit Lions - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4. Minnesota Vikings (trade with Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6. Washington Redskins - Alan Branch DT Michigan
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(trade with Minesota Vikings) - Jamal Anderson DE Arkansas
8. Houston Texans - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
9. Dolphins - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
10. Atlanta Falcons - Leon Hall CB Michigan
11. San Fransisco 49ers - Tedd Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
12. Buffalo Bills - Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
13. NY Giants (trade with Rams) - Marshawn Lynch RB California
14. Carolina Panthers - Adam Carricker DE Nebraska
15. NY Jets (trade with Pittsburgh Steelers) - Jarvis Moss DE Florida
16. Green Bay Packers - Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Nelson FS Florida
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Quinn Pit**** DT Ohio State
19. Tennesse Titans - Charles Johnson DE Georgia
20. St. Louis Rams - Patrick Willis MLB Mississippi
21. Denver Broncos - Darelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
22. Dallas Cowboys - Levi Brown OT Penn State
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State
24. New England Patriots(from Seattle) - Daymieon Hughes CB California
25. Pittsburgh Steelers(trade with NY Jets) - LaRon Landry FS LSU
26. Philadelphia Eagles - David Harris ILB Michigan
27. New Orleans Saints - Chris Houston CB Arkansas
28. New England Patriots - Brandon Siler ILB Florida
29. Baltimore Ravens - Jason Blalock OG Texas
30. San Diego Chargers - Steve Smith WR USC
31. Chicago Bears - Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
32. Indianapolis Colts - John Beason OLB Miami(Fla.)
NO WAY LANDRY GETS BY US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back