PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Insane Plan to Save Professional Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an insane plan too. But it involves 33 bullets

Quite the bad shot you are sir if you couldn't take out gotohell sometime in the first ten.

Owners will do what owners will. Replace with new ones and they'll act the same. It's only when you saw an unscrupulous, prejudiced and incompetent commish that you saw select owners get an upper hand over others. So this is a Gordonian knot argument. One snip cuts the problem free.

My plan to save the game would focus first and foremost on player health beginning with the concussion problem. It would include harshly draconian measures against all PEDs/HGH, etc. resulting in players of lesser bulk and fewer serious injuries overall. I believe there must be a scientific medical solution to the concussion issue and football can still be played much as it is now.

5c4fce4fe994a9bdf3d2a094de3fc8e3.jpg

2. Get together with some big egos billionaires like Mark Cuban who could do the same on the west coast.

You lost me at Mark Cuban. . . Russ Hanaman character from Silicon Valley is a pretty accurate depiction of what that jackass is like in real life. Who would want to work with that asshat?

You lost me at Mark Cuban. . . Russ Hanaman character from Silicon Valley is a pretty accurate depiction of what that jackass is like in real life. Who would want to work with that asshat?

I'm not a fan. Thinking about big ego billionaires who would love a pro football team.

"The NFLers"=the league, led as always by its corrupt owners.

Maybe you refer to their descendants, who had the baton passed to them.

I had no problem with the Rozelle or Tagliabue NFL and they certainly didn't care about the floundering Patriots back then.

I had no problem with the Rozelle or Tagliabue NFL and they certainly didn't care about the floundering Patriots back then.
The Patriots "floundered" to a run from 1974-1988 of two (2) seasons out of fifteen in which they had a losing record at midseason and no shot at the playoffs in the last game...when the AFC was the superior conference through 1983.

Rozelle had no problem whatsoever with the events in Oakland on 12/18/76 and 8/12/78.

Tagliabue bought hook, line and sinker the story of an unqualified, unstable female posing as a reporter, staring at a bunch of African American athletes in a professional locker room, and imposed fines to innocent players (who rightfully did not pay) and proclaimed to the world that the Patriots "damaged the league", thereby himself setting the womens' movement back two hundred years.

The Patriots "floundered" to a run from 1974-1988 of two (2) seasons out of fifteen in which they had a losing record at midseason and no shot at the playoffs in the last game...when the AFC was the superior conference through 1983.

Rozelle had no problem whatsoever with the events in Oakland on 12/18/76 and 8/12/78.

Tagliabue bought hook, line and sinker the story of an unqualified, unstable female posing as a reporter, staring at a bunch of African American athletes in a professional locker room, and imposed fines to innocent players (who rightfully did not pay) and proclaimed to the world that the Patriots "damaged the league", thereby himself setting the womens' movement back two hundred years.

I started watching in 1961. They actually had some good teams then, too, but they hardly threatened the NFL. They were part of the NFL by 1974.

This seems overly complicated. You could skip a lot of it and just go to:

1. Fire Goodell
2. Replace with (anyone or thing)
3. Profit

I mean literally replace him with a fake tree and you save $30M+. And the tree is not going to make stupid decisions, which is all Roger makes.

For example, Goodell goes on and on about player safety, then institutes rules that make players dive at each other's knees. He talks about protecting the shield, then ignores a video of a player knocking his wife out cold.

Now Goodell wants to reduce kickoff returns, so he puts in a rule that...will probably increase kickoff returns.

I mean seriously, replace him with a tree, the owners can split the $30M+ on coked-up hookers who would still make better decisions than Goodell (no offense to coked-up hookers).

This seems overly complicated. You could skip a lot of it and just go to:

1. Fire Goodell
2. Replace with (anyone or thing)
3. Profit

I mean literally replace him with a fake tree and you save $30M+. And the tree is not going to make stupid decisions, which is all Roger makes.

For example, Goodell goes on and on about player safety, then institutes rules that make players dive at each other's knees. He talks about protecting the shield, then ignores a video of a player knocking his wife out cold.

Now Goodell wants to reduce kickoff returns, so he puts in a rule that...will probably increase kickoff returns.

I mean seriously, replace him with a tree, the owners can split the $30M+ on coked-up hookers who would still make better decisions than Goodell (no offense to coked-up hookers).
And, you don't even have to water the fake tree!
And, the tree won't make insulting and offensive statements and speeches!
And you can add the $millions the tree won't spend in league resources on witchhunt investigations and legal fees to support and implement the corresponding insane penalties and punishments!
The tree might even inspire someone in the league office to invest money instead on fair treatment and compensation for officials, player and personnel safety and development like NFL Europe, fair pensions for retired players, to the point where money would not need to be spent on labor negotiations, revealing that the humane, practical and respectful approach is also (surprise!) the most profitable financial decision in the long run!

All of the above is realistic....at least, when you compare it to the notion that internal rules could be implemented that penalize and disempower owners who exhibit malevolent bias and irrational acrimony toward a peer.

Last edited:
My plan to save the game would focus first and foremost on player health beginning with the concussion problem. It would include harshly draconian measures against all PEDs/HGH, etc. resulting in players of lesser bulk and fewer serious injuries overall. I believe there must be a scientific medical solution to the concussion issue and football can still be played much as it is now.

The solution to the concussion problem would be easier to come by if everyone in the NYJFL did more than give it lip service. They started to get strict with the head-to-head hits but the Steelers whined about it so much that things are back to where they were. I see multiple head hit penalties in every game that get ignored.

The solution to the concussion problem would be easier to come by if everyone in the NYJFL did more than give it lip service. They started to get strict with the head-to-head hits but the Steelers whined about it so much that things are back to where they were. I see multiple head hit penalties in every game that get ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes