PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My AFCCG MVP's are BJGE, Vince Wilfork and Sterling Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'll start my thread by first saying this still feels unreal. In a season that began with questions about the pass rush and what would the acquisitions and scheme changes do, which was followed by the season-long agony of a defense that (statistically) was the second worst in NFL history, we're getting ready to watch our boys play for the ultimate trophy. It is an absolutely surreal feeling, despite the fact that we've been here before four times in the last 11 years. I feel incredibly privileged to be a fan of this football team.

Okay, now for my MVP's.

OFFENSE: My offensive MVP is most certainly BJGE. Why? The man had a very good game against a stingy run defense. Granted, they didn't game plan for him and the Pats running game, but he played well nonetheless. Two things impressed me most about him and those things were his patience to let things develop in front of him and his shiftiness. You don't often see him try to elude a tackle. However, he did that plenty yesterday. He allowed his blockers to create the holes and he attacked them. He kept his legs moving after contact and it was hard to bring him down, even though he really isn't a big back.

I posted in another thread how I got emotional when he pointed to the MHK patch on his jersey. That gave me chills, seriously.

DEFENSE: I felt the defense played very well for the second straight week. Although they allowed some plays, particularly down the stretch, they were nowhere near as bad or as porous as we've seen them at times this season. I felt the guys up front gave the Ravens fits in both phases, running and passing. With all of that said, I split my decision . . .

Vince Wilfork - We all know how good he is by now. He is in the Pro Bowl almost every year and has made a few All-Pro teams. However, I feel the guy played his best game as a Patriot yesterday. He was just simply on a different level than anyone else. It was almost as if he was the one filling EVERY hole along the line. I feel he single-handedly disrupted any running game that Baltimore was trying to establish early on and forced them to become a passing team primarily. He was not just a run stuffer either. He had a sack and at least six or seven other plays where he created sacks for his teammates or forced Flacco out of the pocket. He was a man possessed.

Sterling Moore - He is not a marquee name. He also still makes mistakes in the secondary. However, he made the two most crucial plays of the game yesterday. The Lee Evans play, in particular, was just a cerebral, heads up play by a guy who usually only sees the field in spot duty. The game earlier in the year against Denver showed he can make plays. In that game, however, the plays he made were pretty much when the game was decided or on the verge of being decided. The plays he made yesterday earned his team the right to play in the SB.

I noticed in a few other threads that people were saying he made so many bad plays. I'm actually re-watching the game as I type this, so I'll have to take a second look. However, I didn't see many yesterday. What I saw was a young kid who made the two biggest plays of the game. How can anyone argue that? That Lee Evans play, in particular, was a touchdown all the way until Moore stuck his paw in there and dislodged the football. He was great down the stretch.

Okay Patsfans . . . DISCUSS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back