PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mutual respect continues to grow between Bill Belichick and Celtics coach Brad Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article. It shows BB is always trying to learn and Stevens gets to tap the mind of a guy with 6 rings...............

I think the Celts are inching closer and closer to actually competing. They have the coach and some good young talent. Their stars Isaiah and Horford aren't quite enough but there are still plenty of tradeable assets. Assuming they continue to improve like the last few years then A trade deadline move could put them in the eastern conference finals. Horford might push them there already do that deadline move might even mean they can actually compete when/if they get there.

In some respects, Ainge is like BB in making trades for future picks. Ainge robbed NJ blind when they went all in a few years back getting multiple first round picks as well as the right to swap draft positions in the first round. In 2017 NJ is expected to be a bottom 5 team and the Celtics have the right to swap that pick and they have their own pick as well as NJ's in 2018.

C's are one real star away from being contenders for a ring...go get him, most likely I think I'd like a 4

C's are one real star away from being contenders for a ring...go get him, most likely I think I'd like a 4

Yeah, too bad that choker Durant Lebronized and went to the Warriors, or maybe not.

Anyway, I also think the Celtics could benefit from a star player among the kids.

Cool that BB and Stevens can connect like that. I'll watch some Celtics basketball...

PLAYOFF Celtics basketball. The regular season... meh.

I think the Celts are inching closer and closer to actually competing. They have the coach and some good young talent. Their stars Isaiah and Horford aren't quite enough but there are still plenty of tradeable assets. Assuming they continue to improve like the last few years then A trade deadline move could put them in the eastern conference finals. Horford might push them there already do that deadline move might even mean they can actually compete when/if they get there.
It may take a while longer, but it's gonna happen.

It'd be nice if the Cs could actually win a round

Might win a round. Unfortunately it will be awhile before they win another championship. NBA is dependant on Superstars more than any other sport. They don't have one. Getting Durant would've changed everything.

Stevens deserves better than what Danny has given him so far. His drafts from 2008 onwards
have been generally underwhelming, to say the least. And not accepting Philly's offer for #3,
which included Nerlens Noel, was an absolute disgrace.

Stevens deserves better than what Danny has given him so far. His drafts from 2008 onwards
have been generally underwhelming, to say the least. And not accepting Philly's offer for #3,
which included Nerlens Noel, was an absolute disgrace.
Naaah, just wait. Jaylen Brown is a stud in the making. Sam Presti badly wanted him, even if you hate Danny's drafts, don't tell me you don't like Presti's. Aside from the Spurs brass you can't make an argument for a better drafter.

With a healthy Crowder and Avery Bradley available, I think they might have done so last season.
Agreed.

They need health and a tad bit more scoring. With that and the right seeding they should get to the ECF.

Agreed.

They need health and a tad bit more scoring. With that and the right seeding they should get to the ECF.
Need Horford to man the **** up. He can't have his lunch eaten by a player like Tristan Thompson. TT is good but, he won't be mistaken for an all star.

Need Horford to man the **** up. He can't have his lunch eaten by a player like Tristan Thompson. TT is good but, he won't be mistaken for an all star.

Agreed. I think Thompson is a physical player but there is no excuse for how that series went for AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes