PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss is more valuable than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who are saying "Brady won 3 SBs" or "Brady has won without Moss, what has Moss won"..are missing the point. Brady was great before Moss, there's no debate around that nor is Whitlock trying to argue the opposite. In fact he makes a point to continually mention that Brady is indeed one of the alltime greats.

Thing is while Brady has accomplish A LOT without Moss, he has NOT put up MVP numbers. So while he experience a lot of success with the Caldwells of the world, he never experienced the individual success he's going through now. Moss on the other hand has had MVP type impact and performances in previous seasons. Actually, if not for the Vikings slowing down the last 5 weeks of the 2001 season, he was the leading candidate. He was also in contention in '98 and '03, where he again fell victim to the team fading down the stretch.

You see, Brady has showed his true value to the team time and time again, by the SBs and signature moments. But he has not shown MVP value in regards to the award and what it means. MVP value is also dependant on team success but that's secondary, while statistical performance from an individual standpoint is what gives the winners that award, and Brady has done this year that he hasn't in the past.

Well by your argument, than wouldn't every QB that has won an MVP have great WR? look at Manning.

How about Brady-Moss co-MVP like Manning and McNair. I'd be ok with that :rocker:

If a chef consistently makes great foods out of ordinary ingredients and then gets top shelf ingredients and starts making world class meals, do we give credit to the chef or to the ingredients? I mean, seriously. Moss is only an ingredient. Brady is the chef. Brady can win with mediocre ingredients. He's proven it. Moss hasn't won anything without the best chef in the business. It's all about the chef!!!!!!:D

Moss is to Brady what Brady is to Belichick.

Most agree that Brady should have won the MVP last year! I love Moss but he just makes an already HOF, great player better. While this year, a "washed up", "slow" Moss has been resurrected due to Tom Brady. When has Tom Brady (same age as Moss) ever been called washed up??? NEVER, he has always been AWESOME, hence why Moss wanted to be a Patriot!

Remember, Tom Brady touches the ball every snap, he calls the plays, makes the adjustments from what 'he' is reading. Moss is great, no doubt, but the QB has all the pressure. The OL should be MVP before Moss, but no one before Brady - not the QB, not a QB this great, hardworking and vital to his teams success. Not this year. Brady's numbers are movie like, unreal!

Make no mistake about it, with Moss we are an A+ Offense, but without Moss we are a A offense - neck and neck with Dallas. The drop off is not that significant. We still win and win big!!! Without Brady, we have Cassel throwing the ball around and sorry, but that drop off goes from A+ to what, C or best B-???

I know Whitlock likes Brady, but lately I have noticed him spouting lots of negatives on Brady (how that is possible, I don't know!). It used to be controversial for him to pick Brady over Manning, but now he seems to be taking another side as he does not want to take the popular opinion. I swear most of these guys just like to be different to get attention drawn to themselves. I see that happening right now with Whitlock. We will see it next with Esiason who has always said Brady was better than Brady? We'll see!

Last edited:
Most agree that Brady should have won the MVP last year! I love Moss but he just makes an already HOF, great player better. While this year, a "washed up", "slow" Moss has been resurrected due to Tom Brady. When has Tom Brady (same age as Moss) ever been called washed up??? NEVER, he has always been AWESOME, hence why Moss wanted to be a Patriot!

Remember, Tom Brady touches the ball every snap, he calls the plays, makes the adjustments from what 'he' is reading. Moss is great, no doubt, but the QB has all the pressure. The OL should be MVP before Moss, but no one before Brady - not the QB, not a QB this great, hardworking and vital to his teams success. Not this year. Brady's numbers are movie like, unreal!

Make no mistake about it, with Moss we are an A+ Offense, but without Moss we are a A offense - neck and neck with Dallas. The drop off is not that significant. We still win and win big!!! Without Brady, we have Cassel throwing the ball around and sorry, but that drop off goes from A+ to what, C or best B-???

I know Whitlock likes Brady, but lately I have noticed him spouting lots of negatives on Brady (how that is possible, I don't know!). It used to be controversial for him to pick Brady over Manning, but now he seems to be taking another side as he does not want to take the popular opinion. I swear most of these guys just like to be different to get attention drawn to themselves. I see that happening right now with Whitlock. We will see it next with Esiason who has always said Brady was better than Brady? We'll see!

Whitlock wrote some garbage a couple weeks ago about the NFL turning into a white league and that the Pats and Colts winning with the most white players of any teams in the league should serve as a wake up call to the black players who can't keep themselves out of trouble. I think he wants Moss to get the MVP because he thinks black players have been getting into a lot of trouble and they need something good for a change. This guy is big on the race card crap.

Last edited:
Uh, Moss w/out Brady last year = Joke season.

Brady w/out Moss last year = Great, as usual.

We could still win without Moss.

Good luck winning without Brady.

Anybody with that Raiders team would be a joke season. Moss took an 8-8 Vikings team and turned them into the highest scoring team ever. He then took the Patriots and turned them into the highest scoring team ever. Moss is most impactful non-qb in the history of football. Brady is awesome though, and I have no jealousy of him whatsoever. He is a very humble person and plays the way I've always wanted Moss' qbs to play.

Last edited:
Moss may be winning Brady a MVP but Brady will be the reason Moss will be winning a super bowl ring. Fair trade off in my opinion.

I knew this would happen. Here we go with yet another reducing Brady's value to the team debate. If not for Tom Brady, this team wouldn't have even smelled the playoffs last year or won the division. Did you all see who he was throwing the ball to last year? But somehow he was able to get enough production out of that group so that we could compete in the AFC Championship Game. Go ask Moss who he's been catching the football from the last few years.

Some of you are ungreatful. Tom Brady does not need Moss to be Great. Just ask the WRs that left here. Why do you think Moss, Stallworth and Washington all came here? To catch Passes from TOM BRADY. They all said so. Tom Brady brought out the best in Branch, Givens, Patten, Gabriel, and our old friend Reche Caldwell. What have those guys been doing without Tom Brady? I for one, would hate to find out what this team would be like without Tom Brady. We would not be UNDEFEATED at this point of the season, IMHO.

TOM BRADY IS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER ON THIS TEAM PERIOD.

Last edited:
Brady seems to be more important to the team than moss. I say losing Brady would be a HUGE loss, and while losing moss would hurt, a reciever doesn't have as much impact as a good quarterback, the guy who touches the ball every snap.

Obviously Moss isnt the MVP of the team, its Brady..but dont fool yourselfs..Yes Moss has 16TD's...and brady has 22 without him..but Moss is Responsible for alot of those 22 TD's..I have seen Gaffney,Welker,Watson catch TD's because MOSS had double/triple coverage and teams couldnt play tampa 2 in the redzone, if you guys ever watch the pats play, Moss isnt valuable because of the TD's he catches..he's valuable because of the adjustments and attention he makes defenses attract..He turns the pats into a winning superbowl team to a record breaking winning dominating superbowl CRUSHER....with Moss in the lineup last year, pats would have won, and 2yrs when the steelers won, with Moss in that lineup, Pats would of ALSO won..dont get it twisted, but Like I said, you need a Great QB..and any of you bringing the Oakland situation into this, you guys are idiots that know nothing about football.

My God this is ridiculous. It’s this simple – if you were told by God you had to play without Moss or Brady for the rest of the year, who would you pick?

It should also be noted that if the Pats had a better backup QB, this question becomes more realistic. While Brady is obviously extremely valuable, the fact that Cassell hasn't proven himself makes him even more valuable.

You're being silly, It’s this simple – if you were told by God you had to play without Moss or Brady for the rest of the year, and you could pick the best back up quarterback in the league to replace Brady - if that was our choice - who would you pick to play without?

Where do these guys get their brains from? Seriously, WHERE DO THEY GET THEIR BRAIN??????????? Man, it's just absurd. I love Moss. He's great. Best receiver(when he comes to play) that I have ever seen. Having said that, he has won jack in this league. Brady has 3 rings. You think the Pats win the super bowl with Brady winging it to Stallworth, Welker, and Watson? I say yes. You think Cassell can with it with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson? I say NO. Case closed. Class dismissed.

I don't think it's that clearcut.

I think the Pats WOULD -- rightly -- be the Super Bowl favorites with Cassell in Brady's place. I also think they would be the favorites without Moss.

Losing either player would be a huge downgrade from the huge advantage the Pats now have vs. other teams.

The Colts comeback almost surely doesn't happen without Brady -- but it probably doesn't happen w/o Moss either.

I favor Brady over Moss, but the opposite is not a ridiculous opinion.

I don't think it's that clearcut.

I think the Pats WOULD -- rightly -- be the Super Bowl favorites with Cassell in Brady's place.

You best stick to statistics Fencer (or crack). The Pats would not be favored over the Cowboys if Cassell was the quarterback - that's if they got past the Colts, which would be highly unlikely w/o Brady.

Jason Whitlock

No offense to Tom Brady, one of my favorite NFL players of all time, but Randy Moss is the MVP of the National Football League.

It ain't even close.

Seriously, denying Randy Moss this year's Associated Press MVP award would be borderline criminal. If Allen Iverson is the answer in basketball, Randy Moss is the question that no one in football can answer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7472596?MSNHPHMA

Not for nothing but that is like saying the Hands are more valuable then the Brain....give me a break.

I've been saying co-mvp all along. It goes hand in hand. If they both end up breaking records, how could you pick one over the other. Co-MVP seems like the best option. They both deserve it.

I might agree if the Pats were winning games by 3pts or even 1pt but that is not the case....we are blowing out most opponents by 25 plus pts....so the most valuable player is the conductor of the orchestra not the soloist.....many teams have a soloist but no one has a BRADY! While Moss makes things easier for Brady, Brady can and has won without Moss, let us Remember Brady has three Super Bowl Rings without Moss and Moss has Zero Rings without Brady....enough said.

Whitlock is only writing that piece for the controversy. This is what happens. It happened to Manning when he was going for the record. I remember Skip Bayless writing an article on Harrison being more valuable than Manning. I also remember a poll in SI and Harrison got his share of votes over Manning.

Any Patriot fans knows this is all about Brady. If he didn't prove last year, to me his best year ever, he never will prove how valuable he is!

Fans and the media cannot just sit back and enjoy, we have to throw all kinds of senarios into the equation and spark up controversy. This is all part of the entertainment that is sports. Fact is, we are witnessing watching two great players in their prime. But if any Patriot fan thinks the Pats would win or be favored with Cassel, you are not paying attention! Everyone and I mean EVERYONE says and knows the only think that will stop the Pats is losing Brady.

Let's be Thankful today that we have Brady and Moss and have a front row seat to this ridiculousness!

Last edited:
Jason Whitlock

No offense to Tom Brady, one of my favorite NFL players of all time, but Randy Moss is the MVP of the National Football League.

It ain't even close.

Seriously, denying Randy Moss this year's Associated Press MVP award would be borderline criminal. If Allen Iverson is the answer in basketball, Randy Moss is the question that no one in football can answer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7472596?MSNHPHMA

So does this mean that the Oakland Raiders will give up a 1st round draft choice and Napolean Harris again if we sign Moss and then decide to trade him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST