PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss, Chargers, and the court order

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevster

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1. Should the Chargers be concerned that this incident has Moss pissed and ready to take it out on SD?

2. Does this event galvanize the team much in the same way that spygate did?

3. Does this incident distract the team from its next game?

I bet it is more of 1 and 2 than 3.

Maybe 1. Maybe 2. Definitely not 3.

no - Moss already wanted to win.

no - spygate didn't galvanize the team, desire to revenge AFCCG loss to Colts did that.

slightly - But Coach Hoodie will keep him focused

I don't see the team being distracted, the player involved (R. Moss) might be though.

I don't think this issue will be as big of a distraction as it potentially could have been based on how it was handled.

(1) Too many questions in the reporting of the story and the legitimacy of the claims
(2) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Randy Moss spoke to the media about this issue before it really hit mainstream media. PFT and Rotoworld don't count. Most major websites are taking the angle that Randy Moss is being extorted, not that he assaulted a woman. He will win in the court of public opinion because he fought back before he could be portrayed as the guilty party.

This is why Roger Clemens isn't believable, in my opinion. He took too long to fight the charges against him. If I was being accused of something that I didn't do, I'd find it hard to keep my mouth shut, regardless of what my lawyer told me to do...but again, that's a whole other story.

1. lamest
2. lamer
3. lame

1. lamest
2. lamer
3. lame

I thought that your user name was lander not lamer. Lamer is a much better user name for you.

Man, you guys make way too much of the "chip on the shoulder" effect.

If anyone is going to be galvanized, it's the Chargers players after watching a week of anyone claiming they have a chance get abused & ridiculed.

The Chargers aren't going to give a sh*t. Spygate was more of a team issue that everyone could rally around, I don't see them rallying around a restraining order.

It could possibly be a "distraction", but only for Randy. I doubt Brady's going to have trouble concentrating on his work because he's thinking of this.

1. Should the Chargers be concerned that this incident has Moss pissed and ready to take it out on SD?

Am I missing something here? How does Moss' alleged criminal activity piss him off towards the Chargers? Or galvanize the team in any way? Now if it was something SD said or did, that's different. This is Moss' personal problem....he makes the bed he lies in.

I thought that your user name was lander not lamer. Lamer is a much better user name for you.

Sorry but you have the rights to the name Lamer for starting this thread. How could Moss be any more motivated? How could the Patriots be any more galvanized? How could the Chargers be any more worried about the Patriot offense and Moss? Talk about lame. The Patriots being distracted by this. LMAO.

Last edited:

Bev, why do you insist on focusing on this Moss non-story? Are you obsessed with it? It's not a big deal. didn't you listen to the press conference? The woman is a blood-sucker and no one cares.

Sorry but you have the rights to the name Lamer for starting this thread. How could Moss be any more motivated? How could the Patriots be any more galvanized? How could the Chargers be any more worried about the Patriot offense and Moss? Talk about lame.

Give the Charger fan credit, he hit the nail squarely on the head!:rocker:

Sorry but you have the rights to the name Lamer for starting this thread. How could Moss be any more motivated? How could the Patriots be any more galvanized? How could the Chargers be any more worried about the Patriot offense and Moss? Talk about lame. The Patriots being distracted by this. LMAO.

I hate agreeing with opposing fans. But this Bolts fan understands the Patriots better than 99% of its fans.

I hate agreeing with opposing fans. But this Bolts fan understands the Patriots better than 99% of its fans.

Is it that bad, GGH? Seems pretty clear to me—your team is focused on the same thing it's been focused on all season—another title, and another step to get there. All of their energy is focused on winning this game. They'll let the media worry about all the BS.

Didn't Norve seek a restraining order on Moss after the first game we played you guys this year?

Bev, why do you insist on focusing on this Moss non-story? Are you obsessed with it? It's not a big deal. didn't you listen to the press conference? The woman is a blood-sucker and no one cares.

I think that it is reasonable to look at how an event like this may impact the player.

I suspect most people, if faced with a similar situation, would be affected by the situation at some level. If Moss is distracted by this event and it influences his performance, I think that this is a legitimate topic for discussion.

If I was faced with a similar allegation, I would have some difficulty concentrating at work. Are we to assume that Moss will not be? If he is not affected, then I would be surprised.

At least some of the other players will view this situation as an attack on one of their own. That could potentially galvanize the team. Remember this team flourishes when faced with adversity, perceived or real.

This thread was created to discuss whether any of this garbege could affect the team or Moss. If it has no effect at all, so be it. That is a matter of opinion.

I gotta believe football is a sanctuary for the players from this type of stuff. I have a hard time believing it's even going to cross Moss's mind during the game.

Didn't Norve seek a restraining order on Moss after the first game we played you guys this year?

Yes, and the safeties had to wear the dunce caps and sit in the corner all week at meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe