PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris out 2-3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed My Crease to see if he had/could get any details. Didn't think I'd get a response, but...

I wrote:
Adam Schefter is saying NO Jordan for a week and NO Morris for 2-3 weeks. Can you dig anything up to substantiate or allay this "news"?

Mike said:
Hi,

I can't, unfortunately. Adam is usually pretty spot on.

--Mike

Oh well. Go... Ben, er... Jarvis, er... you-there.

82210462.jpg

Strangely enough, I'm pretty confident with Faulk and BJGE this week. Certainly not long term, but this week I am.

I'm thinking this is the week the Rams kinda fall back to earth somewhat. They are not nearly as good as they have been the last couple games. In BB I trust to find the key to unlocking them....... AGAIN. :singing:

Last edited:
Did the Pats bring Eckel back? I thought I saw that somewhere.

If they didn't, should they?

*Correction: just saw he signed with the Eagles... good for him.

Last edited:
Did the Pats bring Eckel back? I thought I saw that somewhere.

If they didn't, should they?

Eckel signed with the Eagles.

2-3 weeks? It could have been worse. So I'll consider that ok news. Jordan is out too so we'll have to really on the rookie BJGE and Faulk for the Rams game. Good thing that team sucks... But then again the Pats can't underestimate anyone this season. Could be worse. Let's just focus on the game and win with what we've got.

I will be rooting (praying) for Mr. Green-Ellis!

6-7 295 works.

and a 4.2 40 :D

I do wonder why people are questioning his hitting the hole too quickly. Havent we been saying that we wish Maroney would hit the hole quicker? It would seem to me, that BJGE will do fine if he hits it hard, and fast,,,,,the line that is :D

if they cant throw the ball to moss downfield maybe he can split time with kevin at RB. cant u just see them handing it off to moss? maybe put vrable in there to carry the ball. seau played some fullback last year, maybe they can mix it up again

There is a response to be made here but I am too much of a lady to do so.

The fact that you openly thought about it, is good enough!! ;) :singing:

Last edited:
As weird as this might sound, I can picture Welker doing some stuff out of the backfield, whether he lines up there, or motions there, likely after the RB motions to slot or something. Although undersized, Welker does some pretty good downhill running, and he's great at finding a small path through traffic. He's also a tremendous blocker for his size... I've seen him conistently take on LBs successfully. He's a versatile player, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do pretty much anything in a Bellichick system.

Last edited:
Corey Dillon is #15 ALL-TIME in rushing yards in the history of the league. 'Poor man's Dillon' is actually a compliment.

I would take a 'poor man's Dillon' any day. You could actually say that Morris is a 'poor man's Dillion' and that would be a great compliment.

Dillon may have been surly, but the guy was a stud. When he came here, he was at the end of his career so we didn't get the 'prime' Dillon. Dillon was an inside runner with breakaway speed in his prime.

Faulk has been the primary back in the past when injuries have struck and he did pretty good short term. He just can't handle that kind of load for an entire season.

Also, BJGE looked pretty good in that last game. Let's not panic. I hope Jordon returns for the rest of the games after this one though. We really do need 1 of either Jordon or Morris on a regular basis.

This is a short term deal...1 maybe 2 games..I am thinking Jordan or Morris returns against the Colts...where an added RB is needed. I feel pretty comfortable with Faulk and Green-Ellis and Evans, who many have forgotten about. This will be OK this week...against the Colts it may be different..as ALL is needed against that team..even weakened as they seem to be.

Didn't Ventrone get a few reps as an emergency RB this summer camp?

if they cant throw the ball to moss downfield maybe he can split time with kevin at RB. cant u just see them handing it off to moss? maybe put vrable in there to carry the ball. seau played some fullback last year, maybe they can mix it up again

No, I can't. Doing that repeatedely would get Moss killed. They could get Moss involved in maybe a couple of trick run plays like reverses or something. But I don't want to see them handing off to him between the tackles. There's just no need to risk him that way when it's not his job.

Didn't Ventrone get a few reps as an emergency RB this summer camp?

:idea2: Ventrone....

I tried looking back at the camp threads but there are too many. That sounds right though pissah...pats1?

I used to think that our DBs were cursed because of all the injuries. Now I think that our Running Backs are cursed. We started the season with 5 backs on this roster, if you include Evans and BJGE from the squad then you could say we had 7 total running backs on the roster. Who would have thought that three of our running backs would all be injured at the same time. AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST